Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EMBpilot

Happy Holidays to all!

1. Are the Challenger 600, 601-1a, 601-3a/-3r, 604 all different training courses and different type ratings?

2. What is the price difference and time in school for initial PIC and a recurrent PIC training?

3. Sometimes there is designation like this:
Canadair CL-600-2B16 Challenger 601-3R
Does this jet require a CL60 or CL601-3r type rating?

Thanks a lot

I also want to add a question- What does the new 605 type show on your license?

Thx-

600/601 and 604 is a different type. You can get a shortened course going from 601 to 604. I drew the full blown course, it was a painful 3 weeks.

Don't know what the price difference is.

Last edited:
1. The 600 and 601 (all variants) are the same type rating. You take your training course for the aircraft you will be flying. For example I fly a 601-3A/ER which means it was a 601-3A from the factory and had the tail tank added. My training was specific to this aircraft but I also asked for a day of 600 differences. My type rating says CL-600.

2. Don't know the answer on that but my 601 school was pretty empty so you might be able to get a good deal.

3. A CL-600-2B16 is a CL-604. a CL-600 or 601 are something different. I will look at a dataplate tomorrow to make sure that's correct.

The 605 is a CL-604 type rating with differences. If someone has 605 training they should have a certificate saying they completed training but their pilot's certificate will just say CL-604.

Happy Holidays to all!

1. Are the Challenger 600, 601-1a, 601-3a/-3r, 604 all different training courses and different type ratings?

2. What is the price difference and time in school for initial PIC and a recurrent PIC training?

3. Sometimes there is designation like this:
Canadair CL-600-2B16 Challenger 601-3R
Does this jet require a CL60 or CL601-3r type rating?

Thanks a lot

give or take a couple grand, depending on your negotiating power. 604 type is North of $30K, recurrent is $18-20.

You can get a shortened course going from 601 to 604.>>>>>>>>> I don't think so.......... unless it has changed....CL604 is a different type requiring a full blown initial

You can get a shortened course going from 601 to 604.>>>>>>>>> I don't think so.......... unless it has changed....CL604 is a different type requiring a full blown initial
I'll second that, 3 of our pilots did the entire initial going from the 601 to the 604.

They used to offer the shortened 2 week course for experienced 601 pilots at Bombardier. I don't know about Flightsafety. Most operators go through the full blown 3 week course. The 605 differences is only a 2 day "differences course" that could be done in 4 hours. Mostly it's avionics. The only other differences are the lighting/windows.

Latest resources

Back