Questions on Lear 45XR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Apeman

I am looking for real numbers from people that fly this a/c please. Mags say 2200nm range. It will generally be 2 pax onboard. Owner wants to make east coast to Phoenix nonstop. He is looking at Lear 60, Astra SP, and FA-20/731, current F model owner, so he loves the Falcon. If anyone wants to chime in about any other a/c in that price range, feel free. Thanks all.

I put this in the fracs side because of the Flex guys flying this.

Performance numbers in real life would be great. Devine9driver gave me a PM with good info, but more is always needed. The boss put a deposit on a 40XR a few days ago, but now is rethinking about the 45XR, and I said to make sure about having an APU with it. Just trying to get as much info from people who fly it, instead of info from the people selling it. Usually quite a difference! Thanks for the time.

Figure the XR really has a 2000nm range. With the XR upgrade, enroute climb is much better. The aircraft will hold 100% N1 all the way up to the 40s. Sea level to FL410 18 minutes at .76 mach. The apu is the way to go, since a lot of FBOs don't have enough GPUs, also for some reason the 45 does not like the new Hobart GPUs, if you can, find the oldest GPU they got. They only thing I would watch out for on the 45 is the runway numbers for hot days. Other than that the airplane is awesome.

"Figure the XR really has a 2000nm range."

I second that. The interesting thing about the 45 is that your fuel savings are marginal when running at long range cruise. The wing is so efficient that you might as well run it fast. That said, east coast to Phoenix should be no sweat in the summer but may be 50/50 in the winter, especially when they try to start you down 300 miles out. If you have these legs reqularly and balanced field isn't an issue at most airports you operate from then you should consider the LR-60.

Latest resources

Back