Questions for Virgin America pilots:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ArtVandalay

We've got your old boss FR here at Flexjet and was hoping to hear some feedback on what it was like under him at VA.

thanks

What an honest guy!!!!

We've got your old boss FR here at Flexjet and was hoping to hear some feedback on what it was like under him at VA.

thanks

Ahhh Fred Reid, I still remember the last time I saw him in person, it was 9/30/01. He had just delivered the news to me and some of my 299 closest new hire friends at DAL in the MCO crewroom. That's when he told us that 11/01 would be our first day of our new position on the furlough list.
Specifically, I remember him saying "go get another job, cause this one aint comin back soon" or something to that effect in a slight German accent. Well, at least he was honest!
Granted, this was just four short months after Plato had just told us that we had hit the lottery as new hires and were there at the right place at the right time.
Ahhhh, the memories!

"Well, at least he was honest!

You sure about this? An honest Airline excec?
I just cant belive that....

Take care.
Joe.

They don't call him fred greed for nothin'. He and LM took DAL down a dead-end road, buying over 400 RJ's, terminal A at BOS, etc. Who knows how much he got in return while he was spending money DAL didn't have.

Unfortunately, Fred Greed took Delta down the wrong path and he will likely do the same at Flexjet. How did those hundreds of RJs work out Fred? He doesn't listen and he clearly does not execute effectively. He does, however, make a lot of money for himself.

What has he done for Flexjet that has helped to differentiate it from competitors since he has been there? What has he done other than babysit with no real strategic impact? Nada. Sure, we are in a terrible recession, but he has done NOTHING to indicate how he expects Flexjet to become a true market leader. No vision. No real strategy. Nothing to do but count his money and cut more heads to claim his bonus. He adds VERY LITTLE to the picture other than a well-known (but not well-deserved) aviation name. He is basically a figure head.

My prediction for his next move at Flexjet: CRJ training for all pilots as all Lears and Challengers are replaced by grounded (but cheap) CRJs. Good luck!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back