Questions for SWA Hiring in '04

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

llowwelll

Would really appreciate it if any of you in the know could shed some light on the following issues:

1) The new "leadership" portion of the interview that has been rumored about on this board. Is this a definite or is it still just an item under consideration? Any more specifics on how it would be conducted?

2) Hiring numbers. Keep hearing numbers for '04 of around 450; does this include the roughly 200 folks in the pool or is that 450 new hires on top of the pool?

3) Any solid rumors on when interviews might begin?

4) If you do get an interview and are turned away for some reason (perish the thought!) is the wait to reapply two years as I've heard somewhere before?

5) Anything else that might be pertinent to this subject??!!

Thanks in advance to everyone!!! I know a lot of this has been talked about on other recent threads, but thought it might be good to get it all compiled and centralized on a single thread along with (hopefully) some new info.

It's my understanding that with the new system, everyone will start on the same page including the poolies. However with the point system, being in the pool will get you an additional point. But from the sounds of it, a guy that interviews on day one could get put before someone that been in the pool.

Just reporting what I heard from an FO that spoke to a CP last week.

D

I normally don't reply to my own posts, but now since I'm on the same page, how many people have been previously hired that are waiting for class?

Thanks

To answer your question, about 200 water-logged, wrinkled, pool rats. And we have the T-shirt (but it only reflects the years 2002 and 2003). Check out the SWA pool list at the top of the page....shows about 170, but some of our fellow rats don't know about this site, or don't want to be a part of it.

We're hoping to be out of here in groups of 20 starting in January, with the last rat out by May.

Good luck.....would love to have you join us. The water's warm, and very colorful these days. :cool:

From the chief pilots conference this month:

220 poolies

Still planning on 400+ new hires next year

1 new city next year

New crew base pushed back to 05

Currently somewhat overmanned for pilots due to more reservists returning than planned

Next vacancy bid in March (read classes in Jan)

Online app coming out next year

Starting interviews again in 3rd quarter or earlier depending on how many poolies have taken jobs elsewhere

Installing another sim soon

That's all I remember off the top of my head, unfortunately I didn't write any of it down. Maybe someone else can give more specifics next time they pass through BWI, it's posted on the board there next to the mailboxes.

Last edited:
3rd QTR

WAS referring to THIS year (2003) - not gonna happen now....

The Jan/Feb starting date for new hrie classes was supposed to be resolved THIS week.... there is an ongoing debate about when/IF to retire (how many?) -200s. This issue, along with HQ seeing us overmanned on FOs is what the debate is about for Jan/Feb.....

Rumor is that training wants classes to start in Jan. as all who were hired last year will be back to DAL from Jan-Apr for off probation PCs... add to that; new hire classes, capt. upgrades, normal PTs & PCs and you start to see why they want to get started asap.

Still hearing that we will hire 450, possibly more in 2004.

All of the above came straight from someone who knows, not form someone who heard it from the corn dog vendor or whatever:D .... plus I would have to kill you if I gave the source - you all wouldn't want that now would you!?!?!?

Looking forward to having ALL who want to be here on board - everyone is getting tired of the commute..... welcome to OAK, see you later!!!!

Thanks to all!! That is some good info!

Anything else you all know would be greatly appreciated!! Specifically, how long is the wait to reapply if you don't get picked up from the interview??

`04 SWA hiring

T1bubba and flying@swa you've warmed my heart with hope. Thanks for sharing the good scuttlebutt from the SWA People Dept. I really appreciate your volunteering this information. God willing and if it is meant to be, I am looking forward to joining your team of GREAT folks to work and fly with.
THANKS!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back