• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Questions for NetJet Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, Airbear.... Looks like you've talked yourself into the job. The official NJ Interview Prep is over. I'd go ahead and give Derinda a call because it sounds like you have all the answers. Good luck.

Flex said:
Ok, Airbear.... Looks like you've talked yourself into the job. The official NJ Interview Prep is over. I'd go ahead and give Derinda a call because it sounds like you have all the answers. Good luck.

I'm not happy about the pay cut, I may even have to take my 15 year mortgage back to 30 years. But until Air, Inc. puts on another of their job fairs, or unless I get lucky and SWA, UPS, Fedex, or a few of the wide body cargo operators I applied with come through NJA is my best bet for parole from Mesa purgatory. There's very few airlines out there where I know someone who can write a LOR. Atlas/Polar, World, SWA, and AirTran are about it, and without exeception my friends are all brand new at those companies so their LOR's may not carry much weight. I don't know of anywhere you can get hired without an internal recommendation except maybe someone like AirTran who tends to hire from the job fairs.

I've already scheduled a NJA interview. I've done about as much research as possible, I've even read the current contract and the rejected TA. Everyone is telling me once they invite you for the interview the job is yours to lose, but I'm not taking anything for granted. I'll listen to what they have to say and try to make the best impression I can and then see what happens.

This message board and the contacts I've made from it have been a great source of info, my thanks to the persons or groups that sponser it.

AirBear

jppt2000 said:
I came to NetJets just before Comair strike.
I came from ASA.
Everything you print is pretty accurate.
In my opinion, SIC in the Falcon is one of the best jobs at NetJets.
Don't mean to corrode your pixie dust, but
You get NO perdiem until you leave your gateway.
Also just did IOE with a USAir guy last month who said he was on the USAir contract negotiating committee.

Come to think of it when we're doing ready reserve in the PHL crew room we don't get per diem either, but we do get guaranteed 4 to 6 hours pay or what we fly, whichever is greater. Seems stupid to put you at the airport at 0400 when flights don't even depart for at least another 2 hours. You run out of crew day that much sooner.

AirBear

Yes, it does seem stupid doesn't it. But their motto is - never let stupidity get in the way of a good pilot flogging by the schedulers. This is company sponsored punishment for us not calling in on our last day off. As long as you wring your hands and look concerned about the situation, as a manager at NetJets, you can let the flogging go on indefinitety. Right Bill? Right "Just Gary?"

I can't believe with what you've been told that you're still considering signing up for this for 2 years. Your momma must have let you play with plastic bags as a child.

Look at it this way though, there'll be a whole bunch of guys that'll help you kick yourself in the ass in about 6 months.

Hey Bear,
I just left a 121 gig to start up this coming week at NetJets. After two displacements back to the right seat, a cross country commute weekly, and a capped FO salary, I needed a change. Most of these guys havent been in our shoes, and seen what has happened to our careers. Its a friggin' circus in the 121 world, and it is a verrrrry unstable situation, whether you are regional or legacy, the job isn't what it was advertised and will only get worse before it gets better.
I know that either in the factional world or 121 world, we pilot types are a miserable, complaining constantly, totally whiny group of individuals. Its shows in these posts, and in the other boards I have frequented. Regardless, you have to make your own mind up. I have heard both the positives and the negatives from my buddies, and I chose to give a go at it.
Personally, if taking a hit in my wallet for the next 3-5 years will preserve my piece of mind, and allows me to see my newborn on a normal schedule..and provides stablility in my career, then I'm in...its definitely not Nirvana... but it is a better pathway, me thinks. Let the flames begin.

Carry on, kids.

Last edited:
Wow -

A brand new member of this board in March makes his very first post extolling the virtues of coming to NetJets from the 121 world. I guess recruiting is going even worse than I'd heard. Run along troll...we've seen it all before.

Grizz said:
Wow -

A brand new member of this board in March makes his very first post extolling the virtues of coming to NetJets from the 121 world. I guess recruiting is going even worse than I'd heard. Run along troll...we've seen it all before.

Y'know, Griz, you're a knucklehead.....

Didn't I just say I heard em both, the good and bad?
I guess I just heard the ugly.... you.

Its my call, and I chose to come here.

Dont be obtuse, and dont insult me by calling me a troll.....you might find I could be an alright guy, but you are definitely starting off on the wrong foot.
See you on line, sweety.

HiSpeedFlyer said:
Y'know, Griz, you're a knucklehead.....

Actually,

If you are what you pretend to be, you'll be on F/O wages for 5 years and that makes you the true knucklehead. But if it'll make you feel better, fire me your name off the seniority list in a PM. After I give you a call, I'll retract my troll comment. Unfortunately, the knucklehead one is going to have to stay.

Latest resources

Back