Questionable job opening

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyboy

Where exactly would one go to get a citation 441 conquest type rating?

Title:

Citation 441 Pilot

Company: ConfidentialProduct/Service: Location: GARequired Travel: NoneJob Type: Full-timeEmployment Type: Permanent
Description: ATLANTA BASED COMPANY LOOKING for Pilot with current Citation 441 (Conquest II) Type Rating.

I would be glad to sell you one for $30,000. Or if you like there is an SIC program which costs $15,000...

Lear70 said:
Answer: Wherever the company that hired you sent you AT THEIR EXPENSE!

Seems a bit silly to me that a company advertises a job yet they don't seem to even know what kind of airplane they have or what the requirements to fly it might be.

Conquest 441

I viewed another posting for an Conquest Co-Pilot position in Aspen that requires an applicant to have instrument/multi-engine ratings with a minimum of "0" twin time. I guess you can take that 30k type rating and buy a co-pilot seat.

Peace.

Company: ConfidentialProduct/Service: Location: GARequired Travel: NoneJob Type: Full-timeEmployment Type: Permanent

More importantly, what kind of flying job involves "NO TRAVEL"? ;)

Here Mr. "Co-Pilot" do these Jepp Chart Revisions B*TCH! :)

Flyboy:

They know exactly what kind of airplane they have and what it takes to be current in it. That's the entire point of their ad, they're only looking for pilots who know that information as well, which would be current pilots on type OR highly experienced corporate pilots who know exactly where to go to get current.

To answer your question more specifically, any aircraft requiring a type rating requires an FAR 61.51 check once every 12 calendar months for Part 91 operations. Part 135 requirements are different but are roughly the same checkride with a single engine ILS to minimums and a circling approach added into the mix last time I checked (haven't done 91 or 135 in the last 3 years or so to know if it's changed).

There are any number of training facilities, Simuflite and Flighsafety are the most recognizable and probably run between $20k and $25k, but I believe Simcom used to run a Conquest program for about $15k.

So, like I said, you go where that company will send you AT THEIR EXPENSE. If they won't pay to send you, don't bother, they're just another scumbag operation trying to profit off of a general stagnation in the lower end of the aviation job market.

Am I missing something here? Since when is a type rating needed to fly a Conquest? I used to fly the 425 (but not the 441) and I don't recall seeing a type rating on my certificate. :rolleyes:

I flew a 441 for a few years-no type is required.

Latest resources

Back