Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

400ACapt

Thanks for all the reply's on the good stock picks for the year! I'm researching now. I have another question for you everyone. I currently fly a G-3 for my company and we just added a falcon 50. What would you think is a fair increase in pay for having to fly both and be current on both. We are paid in the middle of medium to high on NBAA scale. I just want to know before I have to negotiate. Thanks in advance!

i always looked at that issue a little different. when i was asked to go to school and get rated on an additional acft i always accepted without hesitation. when annual review time came around some years were better than others but i have always been compensated in the mid to upper nbaa dollars for the largest airplane flown. i was never compensated specifically because i flew more than one type- nor would i have expected to be. i don't think any of our pilots were paid more just because they flew more than one acft type. P91- large pharma company in NE.

Good Point. We added the falcon about two months ago and i have already been to shcool. We have just had our performance meetings so we are about 11 months away from another pay increase. I kind of feel like we should get some sort of increase because we had 4 pilots for one airplane and now we have 4 pilots for TWO airplanes. So basically my flying has just doubled. We will now fly 400-500 per plane. Big difference than what I signed up for! But not to digress, I do see your point and I am very happy and very grateful, I just want to watch out for #1!

very true and i would hope that next year at review time they would recognize that you flew twice as much. if they don't you can voice your concern and eventually it all evens out. at least that has been my experience.

400ACapt said:
Good Point. We added the falcon about two months ago and i have already been to shcool. We have just had our performance meetings so we are about 11 months away from another pay increase. I kind of feel like we should get some sort of increase because we had 4 pilots for one airplane and now we have 4 pilots for TWO airplanes. So basically my flying has just doubled. We will now fly 400-500 per plane. Big difference than what I signed up for! But not to digress, I do see your point and I am very happy and very grateful, I just want to watch out for #1!

Airframe aside, your big issue IMHO is that your QOL was just sliced in half.
Its one thing to wait 11 months for a new review, but I would like to see more pilots on staff pronto!!

Gulfstream 200 said:
Airframe aside, your big issue IMHO is that your QOL was just sliced in half.
Its one thing to wait 11 months for a new review, but I would like to see more pilots on staff pronto!!

That is kind of the way that I am feeling right now. "Supposedly", the airplanes will not fly any more than we are flying right now, but if that was the case what was the need for another aircraft?:rolleyes: Oh well, thanks for the input, hopefully we will be able to push for 2 more pilots.

400ACapt said:
That is kind of the way that I am feeling right now. "Supposedly", the airplanes will not fly any more than we are flying right now, but if that was the case what was the need for another aircraft?:rolleyes: Oh well, thanks for the input, hopefully we will be able to push for 2 more pilots.

Other side of the coin:

2 airplanes is better than 0 airplanes.

:) .

Latest resources

Back