Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question, will aircraft ever be hijacked again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

UnAnswerd

Activity Terminated
Thinking about 9/11, it initially occurred to me as strange, that 2 pilots and literally dozens and dozens of passengers were overtaken by just a few terrorists. How could this happen??? However, I believe the reason for this was because the standard procedure at the time was to obey the terrorists, do whatever they say, and hope for the best.

Anyway, does anyone think this would ever be possible again? Here in the post 9/11 world, wouldn't you say that if anyone even mumbled the word "hijack", that everyone on the aircraft would literally commence in brutally beating the man to death???

I'm NOT saying the above question is stupid...NOT saying that....NOT stupid

Will there ever be another stupid question posted on Flight Info?? (<---NOT SAYING THE ABOVE QUESTION WAS/IS STUPID)

The answers are one in the same...<---- Both answers... Will there be another hijacking AND will there be another stupid question posted on Flt Info...One in the same... YES... Both answers

Last edited:
I don't believe the question was stupid, and I don't understand why there are some people on the board who have to belittle others over things they see as "stupid." I also don't think it's neccassary to point out peoples' minor mistakes in a post that are irrelevent to the question at hand.

We don't need my statment to fill up this post, we need it to be filled with opinions on "Will an aircraft ever be hijacked again"? because it is a question I also wondered myself.

PhatAJ2008 said:
I don't believe the question was stupid, and I don't understand why there are some people on the board who have to belittle others over things they see as "stupid." I also don't think it's neccassary to point out peoples' minor mistakes in a post that are irrelevent to the question at hand.

We don't need my statment to fill up this post, we need it to be filled with opinions on "Will an aircraft ever be hijacked again"? because it is a question I also wondered myself.

PhatAJ2008, I must come to your defense. It's true that I have asked too many/too stupid question many times over on this board. I can honestly say though, that 99% of them have been legitimate. Anyway, just wanted you to know, because likely someone else would have informed you if not me.

But I agree. It was indeed an honest topic for discussion.

I wasn't suggesting that the question asked was stupid. I was answering the question with a question and the answer to both is yes.

Might want to read things carefully in the future. When you start filling out job applications, It's the little things that will get your application a look or the trash can.

There are no stupid questions....just stupid people that ask questions.

just kidding. it had to be said

Future Highjackings?

Sure as there are carts to horses.

And, as long as there is civil aviation in Cuba, the next highjacking is right around the corner.

UnAnswerd said:
Thinking about 9/11, it initially occurred to me as strange, that 2 pilots and literally dozens and dozens of passengers were overtaken by just a few terrorists. How could this happen??? However, I believe the reason for this was because the standard procedure at the time was to obey the terrorists, do whatever they say, and hope for the best.

Anyway, does anyone think this would ever be possible again? Here in the post 9/11 world, wouldn't you say that if anyone even mumbled the word "hijack", that everyone on the aircraft would literally commence in brutally beating the man to death???

I think lots of questions and comments of Flightinfo are stupid, but I dont say anything about it, gezz, take it easy on the little guy

:D

PhatAJ2008 said:
and I don't understand why there are some people on the board who have to belittle others over things they see as "stupid." I also don't think it's neccassary to point out peoples' minor mistakes in a post that are irrelevent to the question at hand.

Yikes...think you might have taken chper's post the wrong way. That was my first thought. Followed closely by 'I'll bet he's...ahhh yeah, he's new' :D

You'll learn.

Latest resources

Back