Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TSA145

Hi

I was wondering if someone could give me a rough idea of how senior/junior IAH-EZE typically goes on the F/O or even IRO side. I appreciate this info.

I don't know how the trip is setup as far as productivity. But it's a 767, which pays widebody, and if it's anything like Brazil (hot women, good exchange rate on $$) then it's probably extremely senior.

The trip is worth 20:50. Departs IAH at 2100 on day 1 and arrives IAH at 620 on day 3. Lines are 1 trip/week worth 83:20.

Looking at the Sept. bid awards the breakdown is as follows (I didn't bother to specify FO vs. IRO 'cause they're all way senior)

Most senior FO awarded EZE line: sen# 308, #1 FO in the IAH 756 base, hired....long time ago????

Most junior FO awarded EZE line: sen# 2618, # 101 in the 756 base, hired '89ish.

We shift to PBS in Oct. but I seriously doubt it will affect the seniority range to which these trips get awarded.

We shift to PBS in Oct. but I seriously doubt it will affect the seniority range to which these trips get awarded.

An agreement between the union and the company..?

Or was PBS showed down your throats?

There has been talk of PBS at my carrier as well, but some speculate it would severly delay recalls of furloughed guys.

What did you guys get in exchange for PBS?

737Longhorn said:
The trip is worth 20:50. Departs IAH at 2100 on day 1 and arrives IAH at 620 on day 3. Lines are 1 trip/week worth 83:20.

Looking at the Sept. bid awards the breakdown is as follows (I didn't bother to specify FO vs. IRO 'cause they're all way senior)

Most senior FO awarded EZE line: sen# 308, #1 FO in the IAH 756 base, hired....long time ago????

Most junior FO awarded EZE line: sen# 2618, # 101 in the 756 base, hired '89ish.

I really appreciate the info!!!!!!!!

so the real info is.... NO... If you get hired now it will take a loooooooong time before you the filet mignon of trips! Especially on the 756 in IAH

An agreement between the union and the company..?

Or was PBS showed down your throats?
Yes to both. The shoving was compliments of our "hard working" negotiating committee.
There has been talk of PBS at my carrier as well, but some speculate it would severly delay recalls of furloughed guys.
It very well may. Instead of awarding a line and then adjusting for VAC, MLV, carryover conflicts etc, it considers these first and then builds a line based on the induvidual's entered parameters (my apologies if you already know this).
What did you guys get in exchange for PBS?
I'm still trying to figure that one out......

The pros seems to be mainly on the management side... less staffing because of greater flight crew productivity, i.e., less time off - unless you bid for a minimum time line (and consequently less pay).

It will definetly delay any recall of furloughees.

First officers lose big time - the company doesn't buy trips to do line checks/ioe/training. The pbs system takes the check airman training trips out of the available pool of first officer trips.

I don't care if I get bought off a trip for training, but it pisses me off to have good trips, that I'd like to fly, taken away from me just because a senior check airman has it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back