Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

corky

Hello,

I'm a pilot for American Eagle based in DFW but live very close to Wilmington. I'm considering trying to commute on Astar or Abex out of ILN. Do any of you know if I can leave a car in the employee lot at DFW or ILN? Appreciate any info you have.
Thanks,
Corky

Parking at ILN

I can only speak for the parking situation at ABX, but there is no parking for non-employees, and unfortunately without an employee parking pass your car will be "booted" or towed. I understand from talking to some Astar pilots that their parking situation is even worse. Perhaps someone can drop you off at the security gate, we wouldbe glad to take you for a ride as long as your carrier is CASS approved. See you around the "Hoot".

I'm a line guy at the other airport in Wilmington. We're on the other side of town, but you're more than welcome to leave your car there.

Thanks for the info. Looks like commuting out of ILN would be tougher than I thought. If you'd guys would just hire me this problem would just go away:laugh: :D

Yeah, I wish we were hiring. As mentioned before, one option would be to get dropped off/picked up--that would actually be very convenient as far as getting screened and boarding the aircraft. But obviously very unconvenient for whoever is picking you up (at 1 or 2AM). Don't know how far away you are--would it be worth taking a taxi? If you PM me, I may have some other ideas.

Couldn't he just park in the long term employee lot and catch the bus to either Building 11 (for astar flights) or whatever bus goes to the ABX pilot lounge? I park there during my trips and no parking sticker is required. Especially for us Astar guys so our cars don't get vandalized..

UM#1 said:
Couldn't he just park in the long term employee lot and catch the bus to either Building 11 (for astar flights) or whatever bus goes to the ABX pilot lounge? I park there during my trips and no parking sticker is required. Especially for us Astar guys so our cars don't get vandalized..

Who vandalizes them? ABX pilots?:D

You can check with security and get a temporary parking pass. Probably should show up a bit early the first time so you can figure out what they'll want you to do.

Latest resources

Back