Question Posted on Airlners.net

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyguyMN

The following question was posted on Airliners.net: Why do pax's stand up and crowd the aisles of jets after the plane has parked at the gate but doors are not open yet?

--------------------------------------

Simple answer: Tight connections. Most FA's will not make announcements onboard to have those who do not have any connections to please reamin seated and allow those who have tight connections to deplane first. Thus to avoid the following you have crowding in the aisles

A) The airlines do not have to hold your connection
B) Your arrival gate may be A-2 and your connection gate will be C-32

C) So they can get they're overhead items, and get off the plane as quickly as possible.

D) So they have a chance at getting off the airplane in the next 30 minutes, beating all the people who'll non-chalantly stand in the aisle for 5 minutes while they try to get their oversized carry on out of the overhead bin, while holding up a line of 50 people who have there stuff and are ready to deplane.

E) They all want a cigarette.

F) They are scared to death after that landing where the landing gear came in contact with the runway at three different points in time.

We should just start leaving the seatbelt sign on until the jetway is docked onto the aircraft and the door is open.... err what am I thinking, every time i ride in the back passengers are already getting up once we've left the active.

Quite simple really.......Humans are mammels, and most mammels are herding creatures. Even with all our knowledge and technology, most of us are too stupid to figure out that we do not need to herd our way off the airplane!

I really enjoy sitting and waiting to be the last one off...make for quite an entertaining biology lesson! Unless of course I am arriving at my home base.......then all those friggen cattle better get out of my way like I was a hungry Cheetah!!!!!

So they can rush to get off the plane just to wait with everyone else at the baggage claim. Just like the A-hole that speeds by you on the road just to sit at the same stop light as you a few blocks later.

Because they've been jammed into three cubic feet of space for X hours, and they need to STAND UP like human beings.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back