Question on networking

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Acey588

[FONT=&quot]Do any Corporate guys have any advice or recommendations on contacting Chief Pilots through email. I contacted a CP regarding an opening and he mentioned it would take several weeks (which have passed), and I want to keep trying even if I wasn't selected. If it matters, it's a very large company. I'm trying to establish a dialogue and just wanted to see what some opinions are of what is the line between seeming interested and being annoying. Thanks. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Do any Corporate guys have any advice or recommendations on contacting Chief Pilots through email. I contacted a CP regarding an opening and he mentioned it would take several weeks (which have passed), and I want to keep trying even if I wasn't selected. If it matters, it's a very large company. I'm trying to establish a dialogue and just wanted to see what some opinions are of what is the line between seeming interested and being annoying. Thanks. [/FONT]

Face to Face.

Email/message board networking is weak at best.

See if there is a good time to stop by and get 5 minutes of his/her time to introduce yourself and leave a resume. Then when you follow up on occasion (a few times a year) your name/face are remembered. Don't drop by unannounced.

Good positions aren't filled from message boards or online job sites, they are filled by polite yet persistent interest....oh, and internal references!...:)

GOOD LUCK!

Agree with the above, if there is anything about networking I learned its always continue to stay in touch. I typically called each CP/Dir monthly and if I was ever in close proximity i'd rent a car and drive to the hangar just to show my level of interest. The small things never go unnoticed. Make sure you also remember the names of dispatch/secretaries/mx. It goes a long way. Good luck-

I also agree with Gulfstream. Face to face. I find unsolicited emails pretty annoying. Ones that are sent first to our executives and then find their way to me are even more annoying. I take recommendations from our other pilots seriously so you don't need to go swinging for the head right away. Besides, if you talk with the other pilots first you'll get to know who you'd have to sit next to on a daily basis.

Latest resources

Back