Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

question for unionized regional pilots..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sstearns2

Just trying to educate myself here...

Are you guys able to deal directly with payroll, scheduling, etc to get problems resolved or are you required to go through your union rep?

Let's say you get your paycheck and payroll didn't credit you for a canceled leg. Do you contact payroll or your union rep?

If you have to call your union rep is that legally required or just union policy?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

I have always dealt with the company directly. Only go through the union if I can't get the situation resolved.

The first step in handling any problem is trying to deal with it directly with the individual party on the company's side. Only if it is not solved to your satisfaction and you have a reasonable argument would you need to get the union involved.

Penny-anty grievances that are better handled without union reps and frivolous grievances waste dues dollars unnecessarily.

I am ALPA and I can say that thats the way we do things here too. 99% of the time, you can fix things yourself without taking it to that level. BUT, I think that the pressure of the union being the next step to an unresolved problem helps us to get things resolved quickly.

Latest resources

Back