• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for the Reg gurus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, here's another question. If a pilot took his 293 in a LJ in JAN, he obviously must take another 293 in by JAN or FEB with grace. What if he does a type ride including a 293/297 in SEP in the CE-550, does he still need to take a 293 by JAN to remain SIC current in the LJ?

yes

Ok, here's another question. If a pilot took his 293 in a LJ in JAN, he obviously must take another 293 in by JAN or FEB with grace. What if he does a type ride including a 293/297 in SEP in the CE-550, does he still need to take a 293 by JAN to remain SIC current in the LJ?
as per above you need a 293 in ever type you fly every 12 months plus grace.

I understand that reg, my question is: Is there another reg somwhere that addresses new equipment or an initial training stipulation.

In other words, can this guy go fly as a captain, on an airplane he has never set foot in solely on the fact that he has a current line check in another aircraft? I should also mention we have an approved program for OE, and I have taken that into consideration. Thanks again.

He must have a .293 check in the specific plane, unless it is close enough that the FAA permits differences training.

Yes. .293 good for that type for 12 months. An intervening 293 in a different plane is irrelevant.

Latest resources

Back