Question for the G. Lakes guys/gals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pipers

I've been trying to find some information on Great Lakes flight benifits for family/spouses/parents/dependents/etc. (on UAL/Frontier) of pilots. Anyone have any information? I was also tying to find out what the schedule is like for the new hires. I was wondering how realistic it would be to commute from Salt Lake? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

UAL, we can use ID95s

Frontier, we travel free

And most other airlines we have some type of deal, usually ID90s, $10 per route segment, or $25 per route segment.

We have jumpseat agreements with pretty much all the US carriers out there.

There is a domestic partner program, parents, and family if you're married have travel benefits.

Alot of people commute, and coming from SLC would be no problem if you get on a Frontier flight. Frontier is really easy to travel on.

New hires, currently I don't think have any reserve and fly 80-90 hrs right out of IOE. More than likely you would get based in Denver. Don't plan on more than 12 days off a month.

c-ya

Where's my $28!?

I'm wondering if they are still in the hiring process or if my $28 was to help with the company bonus?

If the company is keeping it, I sure ain't seeing it because I'm living check to check.

good luck

yeah, whats up with the hiring process, pay $28 and you will never hear from us. Has anyone gotten on with them recently, do they have classes running, what are the competitive min. times, it cant be 500tt as listed on the website.

whereamI,

It would be interesting to know what Great Lakes competitive hiring time is. I've heard that they really like the low time guys and gals becuase they will most likely end up hanging around for a longer period of time. If there is any truth to this then the published minums would be considered competitive. May even more competitive than a high time pilot. Like I say though, I don't really know what they are thinking. All of my information is based on "through the grape vine rumors" so I have no idea what is up with the 500tt.

i know that they are notoriuos for hiring low guys, whatever their reasoning maybe. But if I am remembering correctly, i read in the air inc. magazine (last issue I think) that they were hiring min. times of 750tt, no mention of the $28 fee or other time req. though. I just figured I might hear something from the company after giving them money. oh well

I too havent heard anything....Any idea how long our resume stays on file before we have to reapply and pay $28 again...Seems like ive heard 30 days before???

I actually tried to update my resume yesterday, and they wouldnt let me. You have to wait at least 90 days before you can update your info, and they keep it on file for 12 months before you have to pay your $28 again.

GLA

I was able to get an interview with about 950 TT and 55 ME. I went through the interview but got the letter telling me to re-apply in 12 months. I met a few people at the hotel who had about the same flight experience as myself.

supsup

Latest resources

Back