• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for the Air Wisky guys/gals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you didn't get it right out of training, you should be able to get there pretty soon.....and getting to PHL or ORF wouldn't be too bad of a commute (compared to what some guys are dealing with)

I think everyone in this last class got what they wanted before they were out of systems class. The way things are moving, in a worse case scenario, you might be stuck in one of the other bases for a few weeks.

Attrition is up and will probably stay that way for quite a while. I got off RSV in two months and things got stagnant for a year with zero movement. Finally things are moving and upgrades are happening. But, no growth.
If you decide to come here, great! But be prepared for the training. I understand alot of new hires are not able to get through training. Why? I don't know. The training dept here is highly user friendly.

Our training dept. is very user friendly. The problem is that people are having is with attitude. People are showing up to class wearing shorts and flip-flops, not caring, thinking it will all be handed to them. You have to study, and work hard. People are failing INDOC for starters. Read the book, and there is no reason to fail that. People that are getting axed in the sim do not even know how to fly a damn ILS. A 121 training department is not there to teach to fly on instruments, only how to fly the company airplane. They way the hiring environment is now, these kids with 500 hours feel "high time" compared to others, and that attitude shows in their training.

you guys are really hiring guys with 500 hrs, much less guys with less than that?????

It's a new world in the regional airline world, and things are changing fast. I came over from PDT. When I was in Charlotte for training, I had a new hire in the class after me ask, "How come you wasted your time flying that turboprop?" I just about punched him. New guys now don't have to grind it out instructing or 135ing, they just get their Comm, a little multi, and presto! Flying an RJ!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back