Question for SWA folks.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DougCorp-9

DO you guys use your own headsets in the airplane? Does the company give you a pair of headsets? And last, what is the name of that mic add on for the Bose headsets that a bunch of you guys use?

Thanks

They give you a telex 850 ANR to keep. I don't like it though.

The Uflymike is the Bose adapter and it is AWESOME!!!!!!

Finally, we're allowed to use any headset approved by Feds -
Kind of a silly chapter in the culture closed- good on em for getting it right- now I only wish the company can get their $$ back when I return the telex after buying uflymike

Rumor has it that the reason SWA is allowing SWAPA pilots to use the QC2/15/UFLYmike again (a large percentage of the group were using this headset combo when it was outlawed a few years back) we (SWA) is because the AAI pilots can and do use this headset....

Oh yes that's the reason. Over 2000 SWA pilots used it but because AAI pilots do SWA caved and is now allowing it. I think it had something to do with Steve C. telling them how stupid the decision was.

You can reduce the noise level in most Boeings about 20 decibels, just by removing the windshield wipers . . . . and avoidance bidding.

. . . . drumroll/cymbal splash . . . . "Thanks, everyone, you've been great . . . . I'll be here all week". :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I love the D.C. H-10-60.

I considered the Bose contraption, but it's been illegal. It will be legal soon. I don't like buying batteries for my kids toys. I am not a fan of carrying batteries for my headset.

BUT, the company will buy you a Telex. I have no complaints. AND most importanly - they were FREE.

My experience is one AAA battery lasts between 50-60 flying hours.

Latest resources

Back