• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for SWA folks.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Both my parents are deaf from a lifetime of being around loud machinery. Anything to save my hearing, I'm all for. Noise reduction headset is a must as a pilot...

You can reduce the noise level in most Boeings about 20 decibels, just by removing the windshield wipers . . . . and avoidance bidding.

. . . . drumroll/cymbal splash . . . . "Thanks, everyone, you've been great . . . . I'll be here all week". :rolleyes:

Just a week...I'd feel blessed...:rolleyes:...more like the rest of my career!..:laugh:

Well, I was going to buy the QC-2 with the U-fly mike for my upgrade present to myself 4 years ago, then all the drama so didn't. I hate having stuff on my ears, and imo the Telex sucks so it wasn't worth the aggravation. But, I flew two of the loudest airplanes in the Air Force, KC-135A and the mighty Tweet, so I needed some good ear protection. So bought the Bose A20 in June (wifey bought it for my B-day)....and Voila! Now Chuck E. Cheese and the boyz finally get their heads out of their asses and we can use the U-fly mike. Oh, the absurdity of it all!!!

PapaWoody

The Telex is the biggest piece of ******************** I've ever placed on my head.

Ever had a 2am waitress from a small-town honky on your head (face) and had to chew your arm off to get out of her trailer before she woke up? After the Coors Banquet cobwebs clear out, I'm thinking I would rather wake up with Telex on my head.

I have. The Chlamydia went away inside of 30 days and I still smile about that night. The ringing in my ears from the Telex remains.

Be a good cheap pilot and buy a Bose X off ebay or craigslist for $400. You'll thank me later.

Gup

Hearing protection is for wimps! Ear spike all the way baby! There are free packs of earplugs in the lounges also to quiet the other guy down. ;)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

So what's the total cost of uflymike? And certification? Do you buy the qc-15 and then send it to him and he returns it with the certified stickers in place-
And what are the earbuds that are required? You wear them under the QC-15?
I've visited the website, but still had questions. What are the pros and cons?
The telex is free to us, light, but doesn't do much in terms of noise canceling - can't tell you how many times I've flown around with the left ear off to the side bc I just couldn't really tell much difference-
I do wonder why they didn't put 1200 headsets in the aircraft and give the 6000 of us a bunch of sanitized wipes and ear covers? that would have been $3M cheaper, and I've seen airlines do that. (jumpsat in a USAIR 190 and they had ship sennheiser's)

I *DID* own a nice custom earmold Telex Pro 5x5 and a custom earmold soft plug in the other side. Unfortunately, it got left in the plane a few months ago and never made its way to lost and found...

Thinking about one of the Clarity Aloft headsets... anyone use those and have a thought on pros / cons?

Latest resources

Back