Question for SWA flight attendants

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

props8

Have a friend recently hired by SWA. Lives in Denver where SWA does'nt fly. Do FA's have travel privledges on other airlines. If so, does it cost or is it free. Any info on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

props8 said:
Have a friend recently hired by SWA. Lives in Denver where SWA does'nt fly. Do FA's have travel privledges on other airlines. If so, does it cost or is it free. Any info on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Yep. Nothing free. He/she would have to get passes through the pass bureau and agreements with some airlines only kick in after you have been employeed for a certain amount of time. I do know that some airlines will just let you on if you walk up to the counter and ask, especially when in uniform. I've had luck on ATA, Jetblue, and Frontier doing this.

"not free" not true with Jetblue. It is free to ride on us, anyway. FAs always welcome to jumpseat in an open cabin seat or one of our two cabin jumpseats on any flight.

trueblue said:
"not free" not true with Jetblue. It is free to ride on us, anyway. FAs always welcome to jumpseat in an open cabin seat or one of our two cabin jumpseats on any flight.

Sorry, didn't word my post very well, but that's what I meant. B6 always treats us SWA people great!

I think most new hires go to BWI, OAK, or MDW right out of training. Changes with every class, but those are the junior bases.

I know it won't help out west, but CommutAir takes Flight Attendants as jumpseaters as well. After other pax are accomodated, we'll take as many pilots (121 and 135) and FAs as capacity allows. Here's where we fly:

http://www.commutair.com/routemap.html

Find schedules at http://www.continental.com/ -- the Beech 1900 flights in the northeast are all our flights, mainly in and out of CLE, ALB, and BOS.

Hope that helps.

Latest resources

Back