• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

question for stock guru

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So we are both correct. Most companies never quite make it to zero. I will give you an example that you can look at for yourself. Adair intl. oil and gas. Symbol "aigie" has been bkc for 5 yrs, the company does not exist. Yet it shows a value of .02. Try and buy it for that. You can't it is not traded anymore. I sold that stock to my broker as worthless so I could unload it and then claim the loss. But it still shows a value. If it had been zero I couldn't have sold it and could not have gotten the loss. I think we are both right you more than me.

It is a mess for shareholders left holding the bag. I have seen letters from a BK court to a shareholder declaring the security worthless so that makes it simple. In your example the shareholder might spend more to resolve the issue than they might realize in a loss offset. I don't hold overnight much less into BK so I have been fortunate and avoided the problem.

By the way, for all my years in the Army, yours is the profile I most envied. Had I better mentors as a young man, where you were is where I would have been. Hopefully I would still be exactly where I am today but I definitely had the green eyed monster for the AF way of life. Congrats on a great career.

Latest resources

Back