Question for Spirit people

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyingdude

I have a class date later this month and have a question regarding the travel privileges. I recieved the e-mail from Spirit confirming my class date and giving me some info on my benefits. It says that you get flight benefits after 3 months with Spirit, and other airlines after 6 months. Does this mean that I can't jumpseat under the CASS program for six months. I will be commuting from a non Spirit city and the idea of not comming home for six months does not fly with me (pardon the pun). Does this just mean no ID90's on other airlines or CASS as well? Do they really expect no one to go home for 3-6 months?

You can CASS jumpseat as soon as you get your ID (usually within the first week or two of class). You will be put in the CASS system very quickly (probably the first day or two you're in class); the hold-up will end up being the ID.

The 3-month wait is for you/your dependents/etc. to pass travel on Spirit. The 6-month wait is for other airline bennies (SWA, AirTran, etc.). In other words, you can't get you and the fam passes on SWA to go to Disney World (is there anyone left that actually tries to non-rev as a family?). You CAN, however, CASS j/s yourself. Got it?

gator

Thanks for the info, it sounded odd not to be able to jumpseat, however, that would have been a deal breaker for me, therefore I just thought I would check. Thanks for the replies.

Thanks for the info, it sounded odd not to be able to jumpseat, however, that would have been a deal breaker for me, therefore I just thought I would check. Thanks for the replies.

BTW, congrats. Looks like you're a long-time eagle. Hope it works out for you and is a good move in the long run--I'm a little over a year in and have no complaints. Don't move for the job (or ANY aviation job), don't hang out in the crewroom, and don't take yourself too seriously and you'll probably enjoy it almost as much as I have.

gator

Latest resources

Back