• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for Southwest guys.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I say try Moostro yourself and see if their for you. I have been using them for 12 years now. Mostly for the departure setup and the notes. I also find them handy to figure out what VOR ATC is talking about sometimes to program the FMC.

Don't let anyone tell you to use them or not. Let you decide. I think they still give you a trial membership. They changed ownership a little while back.

As for the bid programs I have always used Wbid and has worked well for me. As any new software there is a learning curve.

Good Luck!!

Non-Moostro user here. Some find it handy. As for freqs., all you have to say is, "say again," and that is free. As for VORs, most of them are on your charts.
Non Wbid user. I'm in the minority. Looks complicated so I grab a beer and fumble thru 400 lines. Wbid is free in the crew rooms. No beer there but there is free peanuts, cheese and crackers, water, and coffee. Yesterday there was free tootsie rolls.

WBID gets the job done for me. Mustro is awesome, but that's because I am Lazy. It is all tax deductable so give them a shot.

i bid is MUCH better ... but you need a mac

Explain to me what "i bid" is-- where do I find it. I've searched this forum and the web with no luck, and I use a mac.

To the new guy: My recommendation on Moostro is to get it, use it, then justs cancel it if you don't like it or need it. Among the other things mentioned, I also use it to see what my next departure will probably be and look it over before I land. Time is precious at the gate. Most FOs that I know use it, many Captains that I've flown either use it or have looked to me for information that is on the sheet. Welcome to the company buddy!

i bid is a beta program one of our guys is working on. Go to higdog.com to get the program. It also has a nice feature that links your bid results to i cal so not only can wy wife see what I am doing, but it is automatically on her computer and her ipod. Added bonus - IT IS FREE.

The reason I am against the mosse sheets is twofold: first, THEY ARE NOT FAA APPROVED - the realease is. Second, I have flown with guys who missed important information on the release and in my clearnace briefing because they are so moose reliant. The only information on the moose sheets, not on the realse is the radio frequencies, my technique to combat this short coming? I listen up. Your milage may vary.

If you were in the AF then you will probably need Moostro, if you are civilian all the info you need is there in front of you.
My background is all civilian (CFI, hauling freight in piston twins, and commuters) and I use Moostro. While you can find all the info in the release and Jepp charts it is nice to have one place to look at it. Also, like firstthird, I have never paid for it as I always due the free monthly extension.
I also have been using WBid for the past 12 years and I find it very user friendly.

Save your first year pay for food. Never had it or needed it. You won't need a bid sort until you get up the list a ways.

Thanks to everyone so far for the opinions. It's helped alot. Had the dispatch lesson today and I think I'll just stick with the release and the appendix for reference if need be. If I find 40 bucks, then maybe I'll try the Moo sheets.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Moostro has a 90-day free trial. Give it a shot! One of the features I like is uploading my schedule to moostro's website sofamily has access to it without logging on to CWA.

Latest resources

Back