• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for Piston freight dogs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
none. Had to delay a couple of times till the forcast was above the mins in the company opspecs.

Petergibbins. That scene in your avatar is one of my all time favorite movie scenes. Office Space is a great movie, has an extra punch if you spent some time in a crappy cubicle somewhere.-kingaira90

Had to delay a few times until the storm passed so they would feul our plane, had to divert many times, had to land in front of the squall line untill it passed then continued, but I don't recall ever having to completely cancel in the last 6+ years. There's almost always a way to get the job done eventually.

Never, ever, ever. Had partys over the marker for hours with the other frieght guys after all the airlines left to divert. Helped that we had liberal interpretations with our POI:)

freighterguy said:
MVSW:

do yourself a favor and get off the cargo board.

obvioulsy, you never flew freight and opted instead to come straight out of that flight school with 500TT and jerk gear at a regional.

dumb a$$.

FG

Why would you say "do yourself a favor and get off the cargo board"? SO your saying since that I didn't fly cargo that I can't read the cargo board? I get on flightinfo to talk to fellow pilots and give my advice and recieve advice from everybody. Thats like saying the only board that you can read is the cargo board. For you information, I left my university with 1100 TT and got a corporate job flying a baron and C206. After that, I left to go to a regional with 1500TT. And you obviously don't know anything about regionals. FO's don't just "jerk gear". If we have 4 legs in a day, I have 2 legs and the CA has 2 legs. When I'am the PNF, I "jerk gear" and press buttons. When I'am flying the CA "jerks gear" and presses buttons. FO's at regionals dont just "jerk gear" they have legs that they fly. So why did you call me a dumba$$ again??

MVSW said:
When I'am flying the CA "jerks gear" and presses buttons. FO's at regionals dont just "jerk gear" they have legs that they fly. So why did you call me a dumba$$ again??
Not to bust your chops, but to offer food for thought:

When the Captain's jerkin' gear for ya, who's loggin' turbine PIC?

TonyC said:

The same person that is loging turbine PIC in a LJ hauling freight.

TonyC said:

My point is that FO's dont just "jerk gear". Both the pilots fly thier legs. But you right.

I've had to cancel a couple, but not many. Actually, the bank cancelled them for us and decided to drive the checks when we had to wait an hour or two for T-storms to pass. They get picky about a couple of million in checks in the back...go figure.
I can honestly say I have flown many more 200 & a 1/2 approaches and landed with enough ice to make Frosty the Snowman horny than I have cancelled flights.

Latest resources

Back