Question for Pinnacle folks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Otto

How many pilots and aircraft do you currently have. Thanks!

The most junior guy in new-hire school was #803 in the last bid pack. We also just took delivery of CRJ #90.

If you include the ones in training right now, there are about 860, but they are not offically on the seniority list until they pass their checkride.

upgrades currently are running around 2 years or so because higher senority guys/gals are passing lower ones due to flight time requirements.
I think I remember seeing the last upgrade go in the low 500 senority range. Hope this helps

The gap between guys who have the seniority to hold it but not the flight time is getting bigger every vacancy and will continue that trend due to the LARGE number of people who were hired with anywhere between 500 and 1500 hours total time.

There is a vacancy every month these days that has around 20 Captains each, and only about half the F/O's have the time and we're up to August effective dates at Seniority # 515. Projected out:

September 1st Effective Date - Seniority 555
October 1st Effective Date - Seniority 595
November 1st Effective Date - Seniority 635
December 1st Effective Date - Seniority 675, and so on and so forth...

Should get interesting, as by the end of the year that gap may get even wider, getting into the seniority ranges of guys who are still on probation. Cool stuff, getting to upgrade within a year!

I see off the street capts in our future again. Knowing how bad mgmt is at planning for staffing, and the fact that they've known about this situation for a long time now, it would not suprise me in the least.

The company has recently put out flight time grids for pilots to complete, to "determine if the company needs to alter it's hiring practices in the near future"

Stay tuned.

Just curious, what total time does the company require to upgrade? I'm assuming they require more than the ATP mins if that many people are getting skipped.

Latest resources

Back