Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mullet

scattered,covered,chunked
You guy's are awesome and I am sorry for what our MEC did to you and thank you for all the rides home. My question is, what's with the single engine taxi outs, is that company procedure or is up to the pilots? I'm hot as balls back there!!!
Good luck

Last edited:
Well from what I heard, in a 100/200 series it doesnt matter because of 1 pack. And you are not going to get more air pumped into the cabin. I know it sounds crazy, but that came from a MECH. mouth. The 300 Series, it helps to have both engines running with the 2 packs.
Why are our guys doing the single engine taxi. First they think it looks cool, and most of them that do it are a bunch of tools anyway. Its really unsafe, and a couple of pilots have lost there brakes and had to use the emergency brake. Plus our boys/Girls think they are saving the company money!!!! And for what??? We do such a good job flying props, we are now the prop carry of choice.... Yeaaaaaa..

Tool!

And why do you think it is unsafe Mr. Dash 8 FO. You obviously don't know jack about the hydraulic system. Maybe if you had enough time to upgrade you could make that decision on your own. But for know, just shut up and get the clearance...Tool.

Thanks ToolBox, I guess you are one of the few SE Taxi boys around. Thanks for saving the company money, sure helped you get ur 15 year Dash drivin butt in a nice RJ!!!! heheheheheh Just Kiddin, wow I touch a nerve with this one... Good Day..

PS... I love talking to Clearance....

I was only at PDT for 5 years. After I watched all the spineless p4ssies vote yes to that sh!t concessionary contract, I left. Something you yourself should think about....;)

They broke it down through out a years time of how many gallons it would save. If they were correct, it was several thousand.

Sometimes if they pushed you back and you had to make a right turn, you couldnt do it, so you had to crank the #1 engine to get off the ramp, but only after a futile fight with the brakes and nosewheel steering.

I enjoyed my time at PDT, good luck to all.

mullet said:
I'm hot as balls back there!!!

Maybe the 'party in the back' is getting too long? :)

-Boo!

Latest resources

Back