Question for NJA DAL folks?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

headda

I'm a NJA new hire to DAL, do they give you a choice between DAL and DFW when you start a trip? Also, do you think they would return me to Austin (my home) instead of Dallas if it cost them the same?

I'm a NJA new hire to DAL, do they give you a choice between DAL and DFW when you start a trip? Also, do you think they would return me to Austin (my home) instead of Dallas if it cost them the same?

All of your trips should start at DAL. From there, you might take a taxi to DFW. If you live within 90 miles (not sure of the exact number), they might have you go to a satelite base, DFW. Being that you live in Austin, that should not come into play. (example...I am LAX based, but do not have to go to VNY, as it is too far. I have taken a taxi to VNY though).

On your last day, the company will send you to your domicile (DAL). You can tell them to make a "dummy" ticket to DAL, then you are on your own to get to AUS. You will have to buy your own ticket, and submit an expense report to get reimbursed for the ticket....maybe not the whole amount...ie..you are in SEA and they will show a "dummy" ticket to DAL at $300. You buy a ticket to AUS for $500. you will get reimbursed for the $300 that they would have paid.

skiandsurf: Thanks for the info, it helps. That gives me more flexibility.

MILPILOT: Odd story, emailed HR in Apr 07 (after 3 months of waiting) and switched preferrence from DAL to Columbus, and was offered the interview 2 weeks later. I interviewed 15-16 May w/ the expectation of moving to Ohio if I was hired. But day 2 of the interview, HR came to the waiting room and asked if anyone wanted DAL (I think she said there was 1 or 2 recent fallouts slots), and of course I did. I feel VERY VERY lucky to be offered the job and DAL (since I live in AUS). Hope that helps somehow.

"HR came to the waiting room and asked if anyone wanted DAL..."

That is outstanding! Better lucky than good some days!

Are they that backed up, is Sept. 10th the earliest class date you could get, or just for the Hawker XPC?

I really don't know. I can say that HR didn't give me a choice of aircraft or start dates, which was fine with me. Others hired in my interview took the EXEL, 2 to TEB starting June, and 1 to LAX starting July. From the way she was talking, it seemed like the 800XPc/Sep start date was it for DAL if I wanted it. Cheers.

I really don't know. I can say that HR didn't give me a choice of aircraft or start dates, which was fine with me. Others hired in my interview took the EXEL, 2 to TEB starting June, and 1 to LAX starting July. From the way she was talking, it seemed like the 800XPc/Sep start date was it for DAL if I wanted it. Cheers.

Well, you lucked out because that 800XPC is a very nice airplane from what I have heard - nice flying and great Pro Line 21 system.

Latest resources

Back