• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for NJA DAL folks?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You will like the 800XPC/900. Great trips and light on the bags. That fleet is growing by 36 so all of you guys in the pool have a good chance to fly the Hawker.

Dal/dfw

Actually about 75% of the trips I have started have been directly out of DFW. They company can start you out of DAL or DFW. You can choose to park at DAL at signature and take a cab to DFW or get reimbursed for the parking (remote) at DFW. You never know which one they will airline you to but, they still have to get you to back to the staring airport on their time.

Picking up Aircraft out of DAL/DFW/ADS/AFW/RBD/GKY/FWS etc. is very rare.

All of your trips should start at DAL. From there, you might take a taxi to DFW. If you live within 90 miles (not sure of the exact number), they might have you go to a satelite base, DFW. Being that you live in Austin, that should not come into play.

If he's a new-hire (post CBA) his domicile is DAL. Just as other DAL domiciled pilots, the company may start you at either DAL or DFW. Living in Austin has no play in his situation. He is DAL domiciled.

As for the parking situation and where you start......it is my understanding that if you are briefed to show at either DAL or DFW, that parking will be paid by the company. You needn't park at Signature DAL and cab over to DFW. No, it need not be "remote" parking. Go for the covered parking at the terminal at both airports- what with the severe storms that frequently pop up in this area and the hail that comes with them.

Covered parking at the Parking Spots just outside of both the north and south side of DFW. They have a frequent user program so that when you start using your ff miles and hotel points for your vacations, parking will be free.

Crack-Ed;1349912 If he's a new-hire (post CBA) his domicile is DAL. Just as other DAL domiciled pilots said:
I know that I am based at LAX, and never drive to another airport. I have taken cabs to LGB, SNA, BUR and VNY. I have taken a rental car to SBA. From my house to VNY is more than 90 miles, and in the contract (pointed out be a union guy) that I do not have to drive any farther that LAX.

(I will look up the contract page number and try to quote it)

And yes, park in a covered garage, as it is reimbursed. I use the Parking Spot next to the LAX Hilton. Runs about $120/week.

(I will look up the contract page number and try to quote it)

Page 76. Section 13.3 Use of Satellite Airports.

The company shall publish a list of satellite airports for each domicile. Each crewmember assigned to a Domicile shall select one (1) Satellite Airport to begin and end a tour of duty; PROVIDED, the Satellite Airport is WITHIN NINETY (90) miles Distance of the crewmembers RESIDENCE. The Company may, on a tour-by-tour basis, assign the crewmember to begin and end tours at either the Domicile or the designated Satellite Airport. A crewmember departing from a Satellite Airport will be returned to that Satellite Airport at the end of the tour. Parking expenses for the Domiciles or Satellite Airport SHALL be paid in accordance with the Section 20.8.

.....I am sure that from Austin to DAL is more than 90 miles. Therefore NO satellite domicile.
-------------------------------------------------
20.8 Parking Fees at Domicile/Satellites.

The Company shall provide reimbursement for parking expenses for those pilots who use a Dom/Sat when no parking spaces are otherwise provided by the company at the Dom/Sat Airport.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back