Question for Navy guys...#1?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sup Pat,

Glad to hear that OCS hasn’t "destroyed your will to live" (I heard that so many times from Gunny C). I’m in Corpus now and this town is pretty cool. Lots of bars and TONS of eye candy. I don’t start Primary till late January so I have plenty of time to live life up a little. My friend and I just got a place right on the beach that is pretty close to base. Life is SOOOOO sweet after OCS, so just hang in there for another few more weeks and you’re in the good life.

Corpus is the place to be for flight training. I did all my training there, and we had a blast. Milton is just too **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** far from P-cola. Even better than the beach out there are the canal places on the Island. Talk about good memories.....

I don't know about that: Corpus over PCola???? Its been a sweet month of reserve duty away from the airlines to have fun screaming at ensigns and lieutenants :) Good Luck on finishing up and hopping into the T-34C. And if you REALLY want some nice eye candy, road trip to Tallahassee....

Eye candy in Corpus? I guess maybe... but with the Nav base and a thousand SNA's, IP's, and enlisted folk clogging the bars, I can tell you the ratios are much better in other cities.

Corpus

Pat,

Corpus all the way. Not only for the reasons you mentioned but there is also SAT only a few hours away.

Hog

Go to Corpus

Try to get Corpus Christi if at all possible. After you finish OCS you'll knock out API and should arrive in CC by Summer. I checked into NAS CC during the month of June and was cancelled for weather ONE time during my Primary/Intermediate time in VT-27. The Whiting guys are cancelled everyday for the afternoon SIGMET. As I recall the bars were awesome and there were tons of chics. You can make it to Nuevo Laredo, Mexico in about the same amount of time it takes to get to San Antonio which can also be a lot of fun. As mentioned earlier in this thread, if you're going to fly tactical you'll want to move to Kingsville anyway. If you end up in the P-3 you'll be in CC as well. If you get REALLY lucky you'll fly TACAMO :cool:

Best of luck!

Hey Pat,

Go to the Flight Management office right away and talk to LT. Ulmer. Tell him that you would like to go to Corpus and he can set you up for orders over here after API. Make sure you talk to him soon. Hope you end up over here. This place is ten times better than P-cola as far as I am concerned. Later.

Don't forget that if you go to Corpus and somehow get helos, you will be staying in the lovely Whiting Field BOQ because they have a mandated 95% full policy. In other words, the next 8 months will be spent in North Milton instead of at PCola beach. However, if you go directly to Whiting for the VT's, I think you can live off base for the entire time. As for selection, they have upped the PTR so much for Navy helo students that there is serious discussion of putting in a 3rd HT squadron. Anyway, good luck in flight school!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back