• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for Mesaba folks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
June 2, 1999, with two daily RJ85s supplemented by an afternoon DC-9. All flights from DTW. About a year later NW switched to an all-DC-9 schedule, but since 9-11 XJ has returned. They use Continental's old jetway at PWM. I had the privilege of being a conract ramper there for about a year and a half after NW started service. The RJ, though having rather petite bins, was a pleasure to work on. Even a joy to clean, with such generous seatpitch.

The NW Press Release:
http://www.nwa.com/corpinfo/newsc/1999/pr060299a.shtml

We fly into PWM in the winter, and NWA flys in the summer. I wish we had the summer over night.

Thanks for the info.

I flew a 1900 out of PWM for Airways for a while (pre 9/11), and just started seeing you guys in here and was curious...

Chperplt,

Did Colgan pull out of Portland? What's up with that? I thought Eagle pulled out, too....

Eagle is still around, haven't noticed Colgan's presence nor the lack thereof...

English, does N525AL ring a bell?

Colgan took the 1900 out of PWM and brought in a SAAB. The 1900 routes (PWM-BOS) are being covered by other 1900 bases.

The base may open up again in the spring.. I hope so.. I live next to the airport!

Latest resources

Back