Question for Lynx pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

N1atEcon

With the recent announcement of Lynx being shut down I think many have been taken by surprise at how quickly this happened.

1. What had you been told by your leadership or was it all FAPA?

2. Was this something you knew was coming?

3. Do you have any SLI or is it all agreements in principle?

4. If it was FAPA that screwed you are you guys peeved or happy with the chance to fly RJ's and do you have any recourse if not?

With the recent announcement of Lynx being shut down I think many have been taken by surprise at how quickly this happened.

1. What had you been told by your leadership or was it all FAPA?

2. Was this something you knew was coming?

3. Do you have any SLI or is it all agreements in principle?

4. If it was FAPA that screwed you are you guys peeved or happy with the chance to fly RJ's and do you have any recourse if not?

1. We hadn't been told much. To the best of my knowledge FAPA told us nothing. Our UTU guys have been doing their best to keep us informed with what they could, but with all the confidentiality agreements the information has been scarce.

2. Most of us saw the writing on the wall and while definately disappointing, I think we knew this was coming. Cancelling the remaining Q400 orders and then annoucing that the 190 was going to be doing Jackson Hole come May were big red flags. The eval on Lynx was supposed to have been done at the end of March, so the timing was a bit of a surprise. There were rumors about being sold off as a complete carrier to someone (ie SKW) and thats what most of us were hoping for.

3. We've been told that the SLI is still going forward, but as to how we will fall on it I don't really know. As of now it's all proposals. I've heard they are trying to more or less staple us, but can't confirm that. While we expect to remain a part of the SLI, the letter put out with the announcement mentioned peferential hiring for the employees. It wasn't very clear on who exactly that entailed.

4. While I don't know that we are peeved with FAPA and F9 (depends who you ask), everyone I've talked to isn't happy. Most if not all of us felt that SWA was a better deal and they were nuts to pick RAH. Not many of us want to really fly the 170 or 190 (those things aren't RJs), and the majority of Lynx pilots were here for the Denver base and the relative QOL. Many guys I've talked to probably won't take the recall to RAH (myself included) unless it's onto the F9 cert and or a guaranteed DEN base. Outside of the possible recall, I don't know of any recourse we may have.

I'm sure I've left stuff out, but thats most of what I know as of now. It's sad to see what is happening.

Sorry guys.

As a RAH-er I'll be honest with you. If you like this kind of screwing, stick around. If you don't, well....don't.

While I can't speak on Lynx, I feel bad for the F9 guys as well as the Midwest guys. What they once had in the form of a decent airline job with a company who treats it's employees with respect is long gone.

Run away. Run far away.

Fapa

didn't "pick" anything. Sean M. NOT FAPA chose RAH. Any he-said/she-said about FAPA and SWAPA was MOOT. The fix was in a LONG time ago; do people still think the F9/WN deal had a snowballs chance? Re=read Mo Garfinkle's quote to refresh you memory....

Lynx would have fared just as bad with SWA at the helm. They didn't even know you guys existed when they initially made the offer to buy F9. I hope you guys get a fair integration with us, and I hope you decide to stick around and help make this a place we can all be proud to work at. It doesn't happen overnight, and I for 1 am willing to vote to make it a better place, if I ever get the opportunity.

As for the DEN F9 base hopes, I wouldn't count on it. The way they screw us, we have pilots that live in DEN displaced to ATL, now being displaced to LGA. And by displaced I mean, "Your seniority does not matter, just go to LGA or your fired!"

2. Most of us saw the writing on the wall and while definately disappointing, I think we knew this was coming. Cancelling the remaining Q400 orders and then annoucing that the 190 was going to be doing Jackson Hole come May were big red flags. The eval on Lynx was supposed to have been done at the end of March, so the timing was a bit of a surprise. There were rumors about being sold off as a complete carrier to someone (ie SKW) and thats what most of us were hoping for.

from the BB's last weekly letter, he said he has no intension to sell
Lynx as whole to others. I guess he doesn't want any potential competitors. I hope SLI works fast, so you guys will be on 190 quick.
Hang on guys!

Lynx would have fared just as bad with SWA at the helm. They didn't even know you guys existed when they initially made the offer to buy F9. I hope you guys get a fair integration with us, and I hope you decide to stick around and help make this a place we can all be proud to work at. It doesn't happen overnight, and I for 1 am willing to vote to make it a better place, if I ever get the opportunity.

As for the DEN F9 base hopes, I wouldn't count on it. The way they screw us, we have pilots that live in DEN displaced to ATL, now being displaced to LGA. And by displaced I mean, "Your seniority does not matter, just go to LGA or your fired!"

Here is the thing. Lynx should have been staffed with FAPA pilots from the start; FAPA $crewed this up, PERIOD. One seniority PERIOD!

CYA

Here is the thing. Lynx should have been staffed with FAPA pilots from the start; FAPA $crewed this up, PERIOD. One seniority PERIOD!

CYA
Agreed! This would have likely prevented F9 furloughs. I'm sure the the payrates would not be pathetic either.

Good luck guys! I'll pass along an email to our HR at JetBlue to see if you can interview in the future and get at least in a pool until a slot opens up.

Latest resources

Back