Question for Kalitta Guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AC560

82 tons from HKG on the 200's are you having to stop in KHV or can you make ANC non-stop? What do you have to keep weight under to make HKG-ANC non stop.

Do all your planes have side door or are some nose only?

82 tons from HKG on the 200's are you having to stop in KHV or can you make ANC non-stop? What do you have to keep weight under to make HKG-ANC non stop.

Do all your planes have side door or are some nose only?
82 tons isn't a full load, but might be on the edge of making it non-stop. It might depend on winds and destination WX. When I flew there, I never went non-stop HKG-ANC. The plane was always full to the gills. We usually landed at KHV at max-landing weight.

There was one plane that was only a nose-loader. Not that useful, as freight being loaded through the nose has a maximum height that is lower than freight loaded through the side door. If I remember, the nose loader was used only for military charters, where the didn't need the height.

There were several airplanes that were factory freighters (not conversions) that had both a nose door and a side door. When you had loaders that knew what to do (say at NWA in ANC) they could unload and load the plane very quickly.

Latest resources

Back