Question for JetBlue A320 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vref+10

I jumpseat on you guys occasionally. Last time I was riding, the captain told me they were going to only 3 flight attendants on all A320 flights, and that there would be 3 cabin jumpseats available in the back. And there would also be the 2 up front. So 5 total available?

Can anyone clarify this?

Yes. We made the switch to 3 attendants a while back. 2 cockpit jumpseats plus 3 cabin jumpseats equals 5 total. I will let any hot chic sit in my lap for the duration of the flight so if I am in the cockpit, the total is 6.

FAs have the priority over the cabin jumpseats.

Any open seat is considered a cabin jumpseat as well, i.e. unlimited j/s or some sheet like that.

Yes. We made the switch to 3 attendants a while back. 2 cockpit jumpseats plus 3 cabin jumpseats equals 5 total. I will let any hot chic sit in my lap for the duration of the flight so if I am in the cockpit, the total is 6.

FAs have the priority over the cabin jumpseats.

Any open seat is considered a cabin jumpseat as well, i.e. unlimited j/s or some sheet like that.

Chef, I may be wrong but I believe only JB FA's have priority over everyone on the cabin JS' however for offline it is first come first served for the cabin JS regardless of pilot or FA.

Chef, I may be wrong but I believe only JB FA's have priority over everyone on the cabin JS' however for offline it is first come first served for the cabin JS regardless of pilot or FA.

I would agree with that interpretation. In any case we take as many pilots as we have empty passenger seats available, plus 3 cabin and two flight deck jumpseats as well (provided you are CASS).

Jumpseat QRH:

2 in cockpit
JB pilots, off-line pilots, JB FAs

3 in Cabin
JB FAs, JB pilots, off-line pilots+FAs

We're not the most commuter-friendly airline for nothin!

Yeah, I meant it, just didn't type it.

Thanks Guys!!!

It's pretty sad that I only have 1 or 2 jumpseats max on my own airline, but 5 jumpseats with you guys.

Very much appreciated!

Latest resources

Back