Question for General Lee????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General

Well, these are just my opinions and could be far off. I listen on the line and give my input when needed. Let's hope TBKANE, Networ-king, and NY RANGERS get back into cockpits really soon

Dont forget FDJ! He is one of your better mainline guys on this board and deserves some credit. He is in the same boat as you guys are and carries some of the same views. I certainly hope that DALPA figures out a way to fix their furlough problem and allow the company to right size any where they need to. I think it can work to DALPA, ASA and Comairs best interesets. I think it can all be done without DALPA having to worry about a merger or staple. I hope sooner than later!

P.S. How long do you think your section 6 negotiations will go on? For anything to be benificial for management, I would assume ASAP. If it goes on for several months, I would assume that Delta management would loose some of their abilities to initiate their restructuring plans or whatever they are trying to accomplish. What do you think. Tim.

Tim,

I would not forget FDJ, he always contributes on this board. I think the section 6 negotiations will take as long as Dalpa wants them to. Slowly things are getting better, and management wants to get the concessions as soon as possible. Isn't it funny that management goes really slow during normal contract talks when WE WANT MORE, but wants to go fast when THEY WANT MORE. The loads are slowly improving, and the economy seems to be getting better. Our second quarter results are going to be out soon, and they should show improvement--especially since the Gov't gave us $422 million and Delta also sold their part of Worldspan. But, even the break even load fact has been exceeded, so we should have a better showing regardless of the Gov't money. Delta has slashed a lot of jobs (16,000 I believe) and ofcourse furloughed 1310 pilots--and we have become a leaner airline. Hopefully things will improve even more and we can get that recall going.

Bye Bye--General Lee :cool: :rolleyes:

General Lee said:
CL65,

Well, first let me state that it is an honor to respond after TBKANE, since he is famous at Delta and we all hope he returns soon. He will have free beers on layovers for the rest of his life.

Personally, I look forward to the day that nobody remembers who the heck TK is.

I agree with the General and TK. There are a few variables that leave those of us on the street hanging in the breeze. The 100 seater has been thrown about for the last 15-20 years, and if it happens now, I am sure that concessions will be involved-which plays right into mgmt's hand. Retirements would move things along, but most near that stage in their career seem to be waiting for the fallout of these talks. It will be interesting to see the true retirement numbers when we get something on paper.

Like TK, I would take any honest payrate to be flying one of "Delta's Big Jets", but I don't see that happening until late 2005 to Spring of 2006 at the earliest, even with concessions and a new aircraft.

Wish I could be more optomistic, but all we can do is wait and see...

Widgeon (TK+11)

Troy will really be the man when he can get his COPILOT to buy him a beer. ;)

hi general...another ?? of course!

when the pilots are talking about retiring early, and taking a lump sum retirement...is that in lieu of 60% FAE per month pension...or is that like a B fund lump or what? what exactly are these guys leaving with???

i heard a rumor that Song could be sold along with the pilots if they do get a separate operating certificate...management says it is because of jetBlue that they need another certificate, but do you think that they are going to build it to 130 757s and then sell it and the pilots ........to Disney or somebody? if they sell Song and all the 757s it would be 20 years before the furloughs return!!!

thanks for your time

CL65,

IF the pilots have more than 25 years of service, they can get full retirement---or 60% FAE, usually broken up with a lump sum. A friend of mine just retired with more than 30 years of service, and he recieved a $1.2 million lump su, plus $8,500 a month for the rest of his life. Guys who leave earlier than 25 years take a hit, but still get some sort of lump sum and monthly portion also. It depends on how many years you leave early.

I have read the reports about Song and the rumor about Disney and all of that. I can't confirm any of that, but I am sure that Dalpa will have something in the next contract supporting our guys. Disney has also lost their shirt on recent aircraft deals with United---I think they wrote off over $150 million on aircraft leases with UAL, and they may not want to get into this business. If Song does very well over time, I can't see Delta selling off a profitable unit, but they may want to pear it down so they can merge Delta with someone else (like CO). I do think Song will grow and they will want to atleast separate the groups like they did with Delta Express and Mainline---with separate pay catagories.....

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wouldn't furloughed pilots, in that scenario, be alloted to Song as well?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back