question for furloughed pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dugan jones

While I am thoroughly enjoying my 3rd furlough in 12 years of flying I am considering going back to school to try something else. Had a couple of questions that I know where talked about on here a while back and can't seem to find them so figured I'd see if anyone could help.

I've been collecting my unemployment for almost a year now and in the state I live with all the extensions I will have it for a total of 99 weeks....was wondering if I can still get money towards eduation still?

What types of online degrees has people gotten? I have a bachelor of science already. Any idea as to how long different degrees take and how much they cost if not paid for thru WIA?

Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks.

No online degrees from what I was told.

I'd say do something in health care that req's a two-year degree and get that.

I'd say screw it and spend more time with that honey in your avatar pic!

There are plenty of options if you have time. I know a buddy of mine is finishing his x-ray tech school this year and you start in mid 70s in NY and NJ. There is a SEVERE shortage of nurses in the US and thus require more people to fill the jobs. The nurse jobs are well paying. MY woman is a physician Assistant and does very well for an income, she tells me that the NY area hospitals are in such a bad need for RNs. Keep in mind we are importing people from India to fill the spots.

There are plenty of options if you have time. I know a buddy of mine is finishing his x-ray tech school this year and you start in mid 70s in NY and NJ. There is a SEVERE shortage of nurses in the US and thus require more people to fill the jobs. The nurse jobs are well paying. MY woman is a physician Assistant and does very well for an income, she tells me that the NY area hospitals are in such a bad need for RNs. Keep in mind we are importing people from India to fill the spots.

I second this, if you have a BS you probably have or dang close to meeting the min's to enter any of those programs (most health care programs). WIA will pay for almost all health care programs and some can be completed in about 18 months (and less).

That 99 weeks you are thinking about, better hope that congress passes the extension by 2/28 otherwise it will be cut short. Tier 3 and 4 also have higher triggers than EB (HUB).

Medical and I.T.

Both redefine job security.

Latest resources

Back