Question for FLOPS guys.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

leardawg

Is "Plow" still flying, or did he retire?

Any 800XP guys out there? Buehler? Buehler?

I did a tour with him a couple months ago. He was on day 17 when I met up with him. I still went home before he did!! He is fun to complain about the company with.

Yeh. He's still hear. Carrying all of the left over catering around all week long with him still too.

Just curious. He had said he was planning on retiring last year. I guess the "freebies" are still too attractive!

I've got two questions for you guys at Flight Options:

1. How do your senior guys like the Legacy after having flown the GIV, 601, FA50, etc.? How many Legacies are you expecting on the property total?

2. Do your Legacies have flight attendants? I have a friend who is an FA at my regional (ERJs) who would be interested in applying for an FA job there.

Thanks

They seem to putting a brave face on it. Most actually don't mind the Legacy, from what I've seen. The biggest problem we've had was imagining that we're the first EMB operator in the world. Instead of getting experienced maint controllers from Eagle, CHQ or ExpressJet, we decided to go with our own troops. There has been a learning curve involved.

It is an excellent fractional airplane, overall.

We do hire FAs, just not a lot of them. Play the lottery, have her send in a resume.

leardawg said:
Is "Plow" still flying, or did he retire?

I heard Plow was ready to retire but a few of the guys convinced him to hang around till the vote was solid. He may be going soon. I heard Duane Bruseth retired though.

Wyatt said:
I heard Plow was ready to retire but a few of the guys convinced him to hang around till the vote was solid. He may be going soon. I heard Duane Bruseth retired though.

Duane was great to fly with. So was Plow, once you got on his good side (I think I did that by making him laugh). I was flying with Duane when he hurt himself lifting luggage (not sure if it was pinched nerve or muscle) and he wound up on medical leave. I don't know if he ever fully recovered.

Latest resources

Back