Question for FedEx or UPS pilots...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Otto

Flying for brown or purple is the ultimate goal for me someday but I busted my private checkride several years ago (flew through the boundary of class D airspace). I have passed every checkride since...all part 121 and every ride in the Air Force, including flight school. So my question is will that one busted ride early in my career keep me from getting an interview or an offer? Seems a little silly to worry about it but I wonder if it's just one more way they can weed people out with the 20,000 or so applications on file. Thanks!

Otto,

I know personally at least two pilots at FedEx who have busted checkrides. I guess it didn't hurt too bad! :eek:

The key to anything like that is to learn from the experience. Remember your bad experience and try not to make the same mistakes. We are all human and have problems along the way. You will be fine.

Hurt you? Not even close. It will help you because it will give you something to talk about. You can go on about failing it early on set the tone for your career and how you over prepare for everything...

Flying for brown or purple is the ultimate goal for me someday but I busted my private checkride several years ago (flew through the boundary of class D airspace). I have passed every checkride since...all part 121 and every ride in the Air Force, including flight school. So my question is will that one busted ride early in my career keep me from getting an interview or an offer? Seems a little silly to worry about it but I wonder if it's just one more way they can weed people out with the 20,000 or so applications on file. Thanks!

I've never known a busted checkride to hurt anyone at ANY airline or cargo carrier!!! EVER. You live, you learn, you own up to it and move on.
Now...that CRJ time.....:p

dude i busted 3 checkrides early on... i explained it in the interview that it made me pay more attention to detail and over prepare for everything... i also explained that i was working full time to pay for my ratings and that time to prepare was limited, i told them that now i have learned to prepare myself for training by taking care of personal issues prior to training, so i have less distractions during training.... didnt even seem like an issue to the interviewers.... BTW i havent failed anything (121 checkrides, recurrent etc.) since early in my career... they know we all fumble from time to time and as long as you treat it as a learning experience youll be fine....

Latest resources

Back