Question for Eagle pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GlenQ

I was wondering if you anyone knew how stable the BOS crew base was. I've heard conflicting things about them thinking about closing that base eventually, but others say that they won't close BOS down. Any thoughts?

Also, are you guys still giving new-hire's their choice of base?

Thanks.

Don't believe everything that you read, you'll get a parking violation and a maggot on your sleeve.

In all honesty, BOS will be around and you can choose your base at Eagle prior to hire. Rumors are plentiful, but until you see anything in writing just pretend you never heard it. Best of luck to you.

BOS is the 3rd biggest base behind DFW and ORD. I dont think it will be going anywhere. For August they are bringing a few LAX FOs to BOS for TDY because we are understaffed(as in every other base) in BOS.

Incredible that NYC (LGA and JFK) have way more departures a day than BOS, yet BOS is a larger domicile by about 15-20 crews. LGA alone has significantly more flights per day than BOS. It seems BOS crews depart their base and then do RDU/JFK/LGA flying before finishing the trip up in BOS. I heard that the company hasn't shrunk the BOS domicile because displacements are expensive. I don't think the domicile is going anywhere anytime soon.

Incredible that NYC (LGA and JFK) have way more departures a day than BOS, yet BOS is a larger domicile by about 15-20 crews. LGA alone has significantly more flights per day than BOS. It seems BOS crews depart their base and then do RDU/JFK/LGA flying before finishing the trip up in BOS. I heard that the company hasn't shrunk the BOS domicile because displacements are expensive. I don't think the domicile is going anywhere anytime soon.

I noticed you listed only the EMB-135 under your aircraft flown. I was under the impression that eagle will have you fly the 135/140/145. Is that the case or do you only end up flying one of the 3?

I'm northeast based, so I'm flying the 135 80% of the time, the rest of the time being the 140. ORD and DFW crews fly 145's the majority of the time, and also quite a bit of the 140's. LAX I believe is 140 only. It all depends where you're based. When you pass training you're qualified on all three, though. I have, in fact, flown all three myself, but I haven't flown the 145 in over a year now.

Eagle in ORD and DFW typically flies 145's and 140's with the occasional 135 that passes through for MX. Most of the 135's are concentrated on the east coast where I'm sure just the opposite occurs.

Now if Eagle would quit changing it's Saab requirements due to manpower planning.....

stlflyguy

Latest resources

Back