Question for Chautauqua guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Otto

As of today, how many aircraft and pilots does Chautauqua have? Thanks!

Don't know the exact number of AC, but it is somewhere around 80-90. The pilot list goes to 822 and climbing.

Otto

i see your a military guy probably looking for an airline to fly for? listen, you're way ahead of the game when it comes to selection process, you probably only need some Part 121 time. if you want the fast track to the left seat DO NOT go to a big regional operation, it will take you nearly 2-3 years to upgrade, except maybe for Mesa. look at them first for the quick upgrade! or a smaller company such as Colgan. DO NOT listen to the entire pilot world on their views of these two companies...remember, every place has its good and bad attributes. i know what i'm talking about, i've been there. both of aforementioned airlines are looking for pilots, especially experience pilots (military, turbine experience). 2000 hrs flying CFI is not the same as military time. good luck, otto. quick upgrade plus military experience, you'll be able to write your own ticket!!!

For a somewhat quick upgrade, maybe try Tran States or Pinnacle. When I say quick I mean compared to others, be careful of anyone promising the"1-2 year upgrade". Charlie1, what's the latest on Colgan? I thought they were done for?

Cogan??!! I heard sometimes they can't even make payroll and they abuse the crap out of you!! Sometimes you just have to draw a line and do something else.
Consider this, the average regional pilot is gone away from home about 80hrs a week, compared to someone who works 9-5 you cut flight hr pay in half, lets say 20 comparitivly your now making 10, plus your away from home twice as much so cut that down to 5bucks and hr. And 80 is if you don't commute

Last edited:
Chq and upgrade

There are 19 in Indoc right now with 17 more starting this Friday and another class later in March. We also continue to interview 3-4 days a week about 12 people a day. As far as upgrade, some of the senior guys i.e. IOE capt's are saying 18-24 months maybe less if we continue to get planes for Delta and possibly another codeshare. We definitely need around 150 pilots for the 13 planes we just got allotted from Delta.

Question, part deux

Thanks for all the info guys. One other thing...what are the junior bases and where are most of the new hires going??

Latest resources

Back