Question for CAL IAH 737 Guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skywdriver

Very much looking forward to coming back to CAL. I am now trying to gather my facts before the bid closes. How are the trips on the 737 out of IAH? I know this is a generic question, but I could see the trips out of IAH being much less productive than EWR just based on the location compared to other hubs.

Also, how is the crash pad scene in Houston? I would imagine better bang for the buck compared to EWR but just curious.

Thanks in advance!

Yep, some of the senior furloughs are holding 737/CLE. There is also a choice of a/c 737 or 757/767 in EWR.

Yogi

The guys on the snap shot who have LOA next to their name, I guess any of those who extend will occupy the slot, but will they just have to add more people to the bottom of the list? Do they not count these in the amount of recalls? Very confusing. I counted 57 IAH 737 FO's with LOA next to their name.

The guys on the snap shot who have LOA next to their name, I guess any of those who extend will occupy the slot, but will they just have to add more people to the bottom of the list? Do they not count these in the amount of recalls? Very confusing. I counted 57 IAH 737 FO's with LOA next to their name.

You have to compare the number and subtract LOA's and compare it with the monthly staffing numbers on CCS. That will give you the real numbers. Also, there are 2 furloughs in the snapshot as CLE737FO and many NYC756FO.

Yogi

Don't make the math hard, LOA's are double bid (they don't count in staffing)

Do you have access to CCS still? If so, you can go to a couple of places to see trip parings and line awards. In CCS pull up bid packages for the bases and sub-bases under the pull down. Two you can go to: My Coair, Flt Ops, PBS awards, and choose each sub-base to look at all pilots line awards. That way you can gage what your peers, or what you might expect to hold looks like.

FYI, things have changed a lot! in B737 flying out of the bases. They moved A LOT of flying from EWR to IAH last year, for what reason; NO Reason just BS. But, tht's another thread.

Last edited:
Very much looking forward to coming back to CAL. I am now trying to gather my facts before the bid closes. How are the trips on the 737 out of IAH? I know this is a generic question, but I could see the trips out of IAH being much less productive than EWR just based on the location compared to other hubs.

Also, how is the crash pad scene in Houston? I would imagine better bang for the buck compared to EWR but just curious.

Thanks in advance!

The trips in IAH, overall, are a lot more commutable. I know of a few guys that were none too pleased being displaced out of EWR and into IAH with the "Magenta Line" bid and are now staying in IAH. There's a pretty nice crashpad by the airport that some friends are in, no car needed, and not too pricey. Take a look at fuselodge.net. Above all, WELCOME BACK!!!

Curious as to how the furloughed guys have a choice? Have they been given access to allow them to submit a bid? Or are the vacant spots just being assigned to the returning guys?

I ask because I thought none of the furloughed guys had been contacted yet...

Latest resources

Back