Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mamba20

Do what now?
What percentage is the G line? What do you feel is the minimum percentage needed to hold a line year round? Thanks!

Honestly I have no idea what pct the G line is since for some reason PBS still includes the furloughs in the calculation. However, I can tell you that Flt Ops Mgt's revenge on EWR is still in full force. In August I had 70 lineholders behind me, and I was pushed back onto reserve for the first time in 2 years in December. I was around the number two reserve in base through March, then for April they took away 13 more lines and then 21 more for May. I'm now more than 30 below the G-line and ready for a brutal summer. Since EWR staffing is based on Mgt's vendetta against the writings of a pilot who's already been retired for 6 months, and not anything operationally related, it would take more than a crystal ball to answer your question. I think this month reserve is as senior as M64 or 65. I was prepared to be on reserve until the new contract forced them to properly staff the bases, now with the merger who knows?

Honestly I have no idea what pct the G line is since for some reason PBS still includes the furloughs in the calculation. However, I can tell you that Flt Ops Mgt's revenge on EWR is still in full force. In August I had 70 lineholders behind me, and I was pushed back onto reserve for the first time in 2 years in December. I was around the number two reserve in base through March, then for April they took away 13 more lines and then 21 more for May. I'm now more than 30 below the G-line and ready for a brutal summer. Since EWR staffing is based on Mgt's vendetta against the writings of a pilot who's already been retired for 6 months, and not anything operationally related, it would take more than a crystal ball to answer your question. I think this month reserve is as senior as M64 or 65. I was prepared to be on reserve until the new contract forced them to properly staff the bases, now with the merger who knows?

Thanks for the info. I'm on the 757 on reserve and its killing me. I don't care how bad the junior lines are on the 737, beats reserve under our work rules any day, but If I have to sit reserve its probably best to do it on the 75. Hopefully we can get some change/relief soon.

I just checked the reserve availability for my next R day and I was wrong, reserve actually goes as senior as M61 now! :( So how is reserve on the 756? I'm thinking a little more $ and another type rating can't hurt if my job might be outsourced to Chabrickury or Blojets in the not too distant future.

how long is the call out for reserve at CAL?

(UA is 12 hrs but they can assign a day of short call which is 4 hrs up to 6 times a month i think (and pay you for the short call day 5 hrs i believe??)

9 hours to show for "A" reserve, and 3 hours until push (technically no show time) for B reserve. They can convert A to B 6 times a month, and from the third time on you get paid another hour per conversion.

Reserve rules totally have to change with our JCBA at least from the CAL side, I have no idea about the UAL rules but ours suck. They are inviting an accident to happen with CAL's work rules. One of the many reasons I'm happy about the merger, perhaps we can actually get some decent changes around here now. I've had enough of senior douchbags selling out junior pilots for a retirement that I'm not even a part of.

Latest resources

Back