Question for Atlanta Delta Guys/Girls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

geardown

We are moving from ATL to south Florida. Do any of you know a moving company that offers a Delta discount or airline rate?

Thanks

We are moving from ATL to south Florida. Do any of you know a moving company that offers a Delta discount or airline rate?

Thanks

No idea on a discount but I moved FROM South Florida a few years ago and used SUDDATH Movers (United Van lines) based in Fort Lauderdale and they were really good!!! They took good care, price was cheaper---not the cheapest, and they didn't jack around the fees.

I know you are moving from ATL but either way, movers charge for both legs.

Hope this helps!

I used ABF (www.upack.com) to move across the country. Loaded and unloaded myself but it was waaaaayy cheaper than any moving company. Cheaper than renting a truck and driving too.

I know you are moving from ATL but either way, movers charge for both legs.

Hope this helps!

Not quite true. To save $ and pay for my ratings I used to be a truck driver/mover for North American Van Lines and Allied Van Lines. If you contract with the Corporate Van Lines company you will only pay one way charges. Very similar to our code-sharing. Most all Van lines companies are independent franchises and get a portion of their business from the parent company. You can however look the local moving company up in the yellow pages and go that route, similar to calling up Horizon Air to book a flight vs calling Alaska and booking the same flight. If you are doing a cross country or even neighboring state move you would be better off booking it through the corp. office. They will in turn send out an estimator from a local office to give you a quote. Read the fine print!!! Most quotes are allowed to go over by 10%, depending on weight. Just like a body shop, get several quotes and negotiate the best price. Moving TO Florida is more expensive as there is very little back-haul out of Florida, however don't let the Corp. moving company add a surcharge for this as it does NOT get passed through to the driver, who owns the truck and provides the service. It is cheaper to move to Florida in the winter as the back haul freight that is available for the trucker is increased by the larger number of other trucks hauling veggies and fruit out. In the summer time there are more trucks than there is freight coming out, therefor the fee's to get INTO Florida increase exponentially. From Memorial day to Labor day is the most expensive time of year. If you are paying for the move...Don't do it. Wait, even if you have to rent an extra month or whatever your circumstance. I had over $10,000 weeks on a regular basis in the summer time.

If you want to learn about how to loose $$ on paper and reduce your taxable income to ZERO, buy a semi truck and hire a driver. The tax benefits are incredible. I had 3 trucks before I pulled the plug...thinking that now that I had "my airline job" I didn't need the $$ anymore! ROFLMAO, boy was I wrong!!! Thinking about getting back into the game to supplement my dismal retirement account.

www.unitedvanlines.com

www.northamericanvanlines.com

www.allied.com

Thanks

Heyas Gear,

If you have a way to back out, do. SoFL has become an overcrowded mess with astronomical insurance and taxes.

Before you committed to moving, I hope you have done your due diligence with regards to homeowners insurance, car insurance and the tax situation.

I've been looking for an exit strategy from SoFL for some time now, and I'm from here.

With that said, try United Van Lines. I've moved with them several times, and I have always found their services to be excellent. Be sure to get a binding estimate.

Nu

Check out "Get A Move On" They are out of Wichita KS but they did the move for me from ATL-DFW last summer. A CA I flew with told me he used them and they did a great job for a great price. The move went great. Great people and they did it for around 3000 cheaper than United and some other quotes I got. Tell them a your a Delta guy and they should hook you up with a great price. If they need my name just send me a private message. There # is 316-858-0684. If I ever move again I would use these guys.

Latest resources

Back