• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for ASA pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not quite sure what you mean, but all DFW based pilots go through all training in ATL. They put you up in a hotel. After that, youll either go through IOE in ATL or DFW, just depends on their needs. Then you have 4 days to move and be ready for work in DFW. As far as where people live, you name it. Its no different in ATL, people are basically everywhere. I think the majority are north of the city, and quite a few in the arlington area. Some of them can chime in here.

A lot of the DFW crews tend to live in the Hurst-Euless-Bedford areas. They're reasonably priced, and close to the airport. Slightly nicer areas (IMHO) still close by are Flower Mound, Lewisville, Coppell, Keller, and parts of Grapevine and Arlington. If you have school aged kids consider Keller or Flower Mound, they have very highly rated schools without being too expensive. If you have a wealthy spouse there's South Lake, but the armed guards tend to stop commuter trash like me at the border :D

"If I decide to go the ASA route and get stuck in DFW"

Wow, it must be nice to be able to pick the exact airline you "decide" to go to! Meanwhile there are some of us that would love to be "stuck" in DFW, or home, if you will. All of the towns mentioned above are nice, Grapevine is really cool. Go Longhorns!!!!

Latest resources

Back