Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for any Continental 737 guys...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FO4HIRE

I was trying to non rev down to Quito from IAH, but every flight seems to have 20 seats held. Does anyone know what thats for? Both down to Quito and back, all the flight loads seem to have 20 seats held. Is this for W&B reasons? If so, do you guys ever allow anyone to occupy those seats?

Thanks in advance for the help.

It's a bloody long way down there, so what will be a known weight restriction is accounted for with "held" seats. Actual seats available will be determined day of departure, and may vary up or down from that number.

That's a weight restriction. Basically they (load planning) are predicting a weight restriction (performance) and are holding seats back in accordance. If they can they will use those seats as conditions allow. It kinda sux because you have to stand around and hope they will open up a few seats and don't have revenue standby waiting also. Give it a shot, you never know. I have had plenty of weight restrictions lifted either partially or all the way just before closing the flight. Good luck!

I flew this leg IAH-UIO beginning of the month with no wt. restriction, full in and out. Maybe check a different day? Why we fly 73's in there in the first place is a mystery, as popular as UIO is, the 757 would be a better choice at least during some months.

A good captain will get a generous half-weight count and get on as many people as possible.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back