Question for ALPA insiders...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Catbird said:
Tony C- I'm glad your dispensing health advice. Please put together a analysis for your leader Woerth and his lackey C Beebe. I realize it might be time consuming but look at it this way. The Symposium that Alpa organizes could be held at Doral Country Club or if Duane and the other huckster's desire a little International travel, the Riviera. Just imagine the possibilities of those EXPENSE RECEIPTS! Keep up the hard work Brother Tony, Duane and Financial could reward you with a new credit card and ultimately a personal chair at the Club House. Just remember toe the National line or those EXPENSE REPORTS WILL come back to haunt you.

Fraternally- CBird
Fraternally??

I'd call you a clueless moron but it would be a waste of a perfectly good label. I'd correct your grammar, spelling, and writing style, but it would be a complete waste of my time. In fact, I'm wasting my time with you right NOW.

What a waste of oxygen.

How do ALPA (or APA, SWAPA, etc) officers and reps travel on union business? Does the airline provide positive space travel or does the union buy tickets retail? wholesale?
It all depends on your CBA. Most of the time its covered by the company in other instances it comes out of your funds. Its just the cost of doing business, just like a dinner meeting. Dont listen to some of the idiots above. The reps are full time and they work really hard, way more than the line pilots. If I'm correct you are IAH based. you can go to the CALALPA office by the airport sheraton or meet a rep at the airport any time. I'm sure they will be happy to answer your questions. if I can help PM me.

Last edited:
Actually I'm based in CA. I work for Skywest. Our proposed union, UPA, is planning for everyone to non-rev or jumpseat on union business in order to save money. It seems to me that it would be difficult to get things done with everyone traveling SA, especially considering we have 11 domiciles and headquarters is not in a domicile, but I wanted to find out what the norm was at the established unions.

Thanks for the replies.

Scott

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back