question for 9e pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Detroitpilot22

Im just starting off, and based in detroit. As far as bidding goes, I know that we are short on pilots and stuff like that, but my question is, will all my days off be during the week for the first year? Is it impossible to get a weekend off if you want one off? I know that days off will probably be hard to come by for the first part of my career, but im just trying to get a grip on what i should realistically expect, until i get some senority. any insight would be great, and please only 9e pilots respond.

you can probablyget one weekend off or part of one, maybe in the month if you hold or line. or you can bid reserve with weekends off. but that doesnt mean you wont get extended into it.

You might be able to get one or two weekends off, but getting them all off will take quite a while. If it's really that important, then you can continue to bid reserve even after you can hold a line, and then you can probably hold all the weekends off. As previously said though, you still risk getting extended into a day off. The beatings will continue until morale improves...

We're pumping out FO as fast as we can, but we still can't keep up with the attrition rate. And with x'mas just around the corner, buckle up, boys and girls.

We now have a new TA that you can refer to, it may alleviate the problem somewhat, but if you want to be sure you won't get extended, just try to do it the old fashioned way, i.e. 30/7...

hope it helped.

yeah, thanks, i know that i will probably fly my ass off during christmas and new years, but I expect that being new anyways, It seems to me, that with no more planes, as we fill up the f.o. lines, schedules might improve because upgrade time will slow down?

Latest resources

Back