• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question Dignity and Respect?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At my company we've had employees win Employee of the Quarter/Month etc and not know it only to be told by fellow employees from a company newsletter.

The post 9/11 Air Line Industry is here. Consider this: are you making the assumption that your company upper management has a concern or care? That they have repsect for you, your family and your free time?

First senior management at airlines are not airline men. The types of airline leaders such as Bob Six, Pat Patterson, CR Smith Eddie Rickenbacker are long gone.

Managements are running thier staffing models leaner than ever. If you don't show up for your trip there will be explanations. If you need to close on a house, be with your wife when she births your baby, go to your daughters dance recital, get married, bury family or any other family event, you had better be senior, sick or use FMLA. Also, don't call in fatigue too much despite your increased productivity.

These management types are lawyers and Wall Street clowns. The only thing they care about is stock price. If the stock price is good then why should they help you with your family. If the stock price is bad then you can be damm sure they are not going to concern themselves with you.

Sorry to hear about your company's pathetic recognition of 20 years of safely flying jets. Your concern of the way they did it shows that your care.

You have my respect. It is unfortunate you don't have your supervisors.

I wouldn't think anything of it because I've given up on wanting to be treated like gold. I just don't give a crap anymore....just give me my paycheck and a job until retirement and I will be happy. Anything more is above and beyond in my book. Sad but true.

We have parties at SWA... 10, 15, 20, 30 & 35 year. To bad it didn't work out for you at Southwest, Mega. You wouldn't think like that if you were here.

We have parties at SWA... 10, 15, 20, 30 & 35 year. To bad it didn't work out for you at Southwest, Mega. You wouldn't think like that if you were here.

Maybe I wouldn't think like that if I was there but I am not. I am sure I would have liked parties like that.....it's nice but not the reality at most places unfortunately. You can accept that and be happy about other things in life or be miserable about things you probably can't change.

WOW! I can't believe it.....a nice post between us. Awwww, isn't that sweet? :blush:

CAL:

Congrats....

I am two years shy of 20 and furloughed.....When I was furloughed after 14 years of service, a temp worker who replaced all the regular CPO ladies came out and took my ID, parking pass, and manuals. The Chief as it were, was too humiliated to come out and say anything.

The people that are chiefs at most companies could use a little lesson in class......it is a lost cause to lose sleep over it.

A350

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back