Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny ;)

been reading....picking it up

Didn't do corporate at first so I could get the quality times people like to see, but now I'm really wanting the corp. segment to be what I do. So to help get that job once you do have the times they're looking for.....(in my case the ones that don't specify time in type)

Understandable that whoever meets the minimums isn't a guarantee for the job; however, if you do meet the minimums, i'm feeling that there isn't even a guarantee for an interview or even a call. How can I make that happen? I mean you've got your basics..

Resume is good, all names spelled right and addresses correct, information stating what good things ive done and what i can bring to (so&so inc.) and said all the good stuff without imbellishing horribly.

Next thing to do i guess is to know someone. Well, i kinda sacrificed that chance by the last job to get the good minimum requirements....i never saw anyone to talk with. So what now? Gotta get that job....

Sorry Archer I could not resist!!

No really, after you have a little time in jets and a few type ratings, nobody really cares about the exact times you have. You get hired into the decent positions by having good contacts, a good reputation, an eduacation, and most importantly, a decent personality. They hire YOU, not the logbook. In fact, I have had 2 charter positions and 2 decent corp postions in my career (so far!!) and I have never had to show anybody my logbook, ever!

If you can fly as Lear as PIC, you can fly a Ciation or Hawker as PIC (school and a few hours to get comfy)....get a little Intl time in something a little bigger as SIC (gulfstream or Falcon), then it dosen't take long to be a INTL PIC...

Its not as complicated as you make it out to be. Dont worry.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back