• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Question about Regional Pay via airlinepilotpay.com?

dueguard1

ROTT MAN 4 LIFE!!!
Total Time
Un Mil
I was recently, surfing the airline pilot pay site and I wondered..........If an FO hypothetically builds up to 4 years senority with an Airline and then upgrades to Captain, does he start from year 1 on the Captains scale, or does the pay start at year 4??

That's definetely one of the things I miss about my old military days, if you were an E-5, and got promoted you automatically started at the year in senority you already acquired instead of dropping down to ground zero, so to speak.

EagleRJ

Are we there yet?
Total Time
You keep the seniority accrued as FO. You're paid for your year with the company, in whatever seat you're in.

ironwedge

Total Time
~9000
EagleRJ said:
You keep the seniority accrued as FO. You're paid for your year with the company, in whatever seat you're in.

What he said, it's company longevity no matter what seat you're in. That said, there are a few companies that start you back at square one, but not many.