Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mynameisjim

Don't try this at home
What's up guys? I sometimes ride on Pinnacle for my commute (always the best service), and I saw that the departure time for one of the flights I use has changed. With the new time, it looks like it's not enough rest. How early before departure are you scheduled to show for your flights?

Flights in my question:

5680 MSP-ORF 6:59pm-10:42pm
Returning on
5683 ORF-MSP 7:10am-9:26am

I was just comparing that to my company who schedules us to show :45 prior to departure, so that would be just under 8 hours between flights. I'll have to make sure I bring some coffee for the crew next time I jump seat.

Not that it matters, but at Mesaba it was a 30 minute show prior to departure at an outstation.

15 minutes for release time after block-in, Show time is 30 minutes prior to departure at an outstation. ORF is typically a staged layover, though. I don't think I've ever had a layover in ORF less than around 14 hours.

I think ORF used to be staged when there were 2 flights a day, but now there is only one evening flight in and one morning flight out.

I must be bored today... pulled up the bid pack.

Every layover shows 8+43 of rest, but that is with arriving on 5680 and departing on 5667 at 0800.

After a certain date though, every pairing DH's in from DTW the night before or DH's out in the to DTW. This is when the morning flight changes to that 0710 departure.

Nerd time, out.

Do you get paid 100% for deadheads? Seems like a waste of time and money just to shorten the overnight by 50 minutes.

Wasting pilot's time and pissing away money is one of the PCL management's only strong points.

Not a strong point. A skill. They have no strong points except the one at the top of the beanie.

The MSP-ORF-MSP are Reduced rest overnights for MSP based crews. Normally followed by a 4 hour 59 minute sit (because 5 hours gets us a day room) to do a MSP-RST-MSP turn worth 1.6 total.

Latest resources

Back