Question about Northwest and Midwest Jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It only takes one

I have had it both ways with NWA. some gate agents and pilots will let more than 2 on board without a fuss and other times it is tough titties. 2 js'ers and 20 open seats, too bad sucker, have a nice night in a hotel
one time had an NWA Ass for a captain. I told him nicely thanks but no thanks after his list of rules. ( Last person to board , sit in the very last row, no sleeping, eating or reading while on this aircraft.) I thought he was joking but no he wasn't. so good bye to him . I'll wait till the next one. It only takes one jack ass to put a bad memory together.. BUTTTTTT 99% of the nwa guys are great. Gate agents are hit and miss, but bribes go along way. ALso it only takes one Jackass jumpseater to wreck the reputation of an other company. so Good luck to you.

On both airlines if the seats are available you will get on.
Most agents are oblivious to their policies and procedures. I flew on a NW DC10 last month with 9 YES 9 XCMs. Add to that there were a bunch of non revs.Luckily for us there had been a swap from a 757 to a DC 10 so initially chances were bleak -- then everyone got on.

Just list in advance, make sure your carrier is CASS approved and show up.

All the best.

As I understand it, Midwest allows three as follows--1 Midwest, 1 Skyway (Midwest connect--same company) and another carrier.

Midwest pilots

320AV8R said:
Midwest guys are the biggest tools.

Roger that.....Isn't that where that tool chuck yogurt/lawman claimed to be from. Hey chucky boy, if you're reading, you're a loser!

Hi!

I don't think my airline is on Midwest's list. However, we will be operating in CASS soon. Will we be able to JS on Midwest via CASS?

Cliff
GRB

PS-We just got our GOM change to reflect CASS. The way I read the GOM, we accept jumpseaters from any carrier, CASS or not, in both our freighters and our PAX aircraft.

I was the captain on the Northwest ATL-DTW "Commuter Special" a few months ago.

The gate agent informed me we had 7 jumpseaters at the podium, 3 NW and 4 OAL. She then very delicately asked me how I felt about more than 4 jumpseaters.

To quote a famous Commander-in-Chief, I told her to "bring it on!".

After arrival, one my own NWA brethren (who sat in the cockpit) then ratted me out to our Chief Pilot.

The CP gave me a call on my layover and told me, "Never trust _____ ______. He's an (rectum reference)!"

No record of the event....

Occam's Razor said:
I was the captain on the Northwest ATL-DTW "Commuter Special" a few months ago.

The gate agent informed me we had 7 jumpseaters at the podium, 3 NW and 4 OAL. She then very delicately asked me how I felt about more than 4 jumpseaters.

To quote a famous Commander-in-Chief, I told her to "bring it on!".

After arrival, one my own NWA brethren (who sat in the cockpit) then ratted me out to our Chief Pilot.

The CP gave me a call on my layover and told me, "Never trust _____ ______. He's an (rectum reference)!"

No record of the event....

OR,

I wish more CA's in this industry had the same attitude. Nice job.

Latest resources

Back